The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Want to see this celebration in soccer

Also, thoughts on the presenter? She looks dirty as ****.
Original post by fallen_acorns
I like my Ipad, but it never gets used when I am at home.. I just dont have any reason not to use my laptop.*

Wife brought it for me a few years ago, and its great everytime we go on holiday.. Load it up with some decent music, put a few games on there the two of us can play, a couple of movies for the flights, etc. *

I considered getting a tablet a few years back, the iPad is nice but I couldn't justify buying it as I didn't actually need it. Just waited for a phablet then sold my Nexus 4 to purchase the Nexus 6.
Original post by Wilfred Little
I considered getting a tablet a few years back, the iPad is nice but I couldn't justify buying it as I didn't actually need it. Just waited for a phablet then sold my Nexus 4 to purchase the Nexus 6.
Very temped to get the Nexus 6p, unless the iPhone 7 throws out something special which seems very unlikely.
Really want a decent alternative to corbyn, but cant get behind owen smith at all..*

Just seems like a kind of looser old man trying to hit on young girls by promising them everything..

- Scrap tuition fees
- Build 50k new first time houses a year*
- Reverse that silly referendum all the young peopel hated
- blah blah populist opinion

Thing is, I agree with a lot of what he is proposing, but just as I agreed with some of what the lib dems were offereing years back, I dont think he and his party wil actually do it. It feels like he will just say anything younger voters want to hear, and then deal with the consiquences later.*

--

On tuition fees though: HIs plan is that graduates pay a 2% 'graduate tax' on any income over 15k a year.. for a fixed 25 year period, uposed to curently payig 9% on earnings over 21k.. Seems to me it will give a pretty hefty break for high graduate earners, whilst penalizing lower earners by lowing the threshold many of them currently fall beneath. Not to mention for the average graduate it would only raise around a third of the amount they would currently pay, so would need heavy goverment funding to compensate.*
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Watch Mr Robot guys. It's a madness.

best show on atm

Original post by Rk2k14
Depends on what kind of Beats tbf. If you get the Studio's then its pretty good value for money. Ticks the boxes you want from headphones, even if its on the expensive side.Sennheisers the best though.

There's no justification for buying something sub par for it's price. Studio Beats are in no way good value for money either if you compare the price of headphones that match in quality.

Also never felt the need for a tablet. Bought a laptop and sold that within months let alone a desktop. Mobiles are big enough these days and I do main work on a desktop so I don't see the need for a tablet.
Also If Iphone release a phone without headphone jack I'm going to lol at every mug that buys one
Original post by Fizzel
Very temped to get the Nexus 6p, unless the iPhone 7 throws out something special which seems very unlikely.

Can't comment on the 6P but the Nexus 6 relative to when it came out is the best phone I've used. Only complaints are the charger can fall out if you use a case and the camera isn't the best (it's very good don't get me wrong, but not as good as other flagships, can be slow to focus in low light settings) but that's nitpicking tbh. I wanted a larger screen and any video playback is a dream on it.

I still get the Android updates when they come out though I guess it won't be supported when the new Nexi (that's plural for Nexus) come out this Autumn.
Reply 8347
Original post by Wilfred Little
SR is right in fairness. Beats are massively overpriced. If you're going from your phone's stock headphones that cost about 50p to manufacture straight to £200 Beats then they will obviously sound much better but for half the price they will get spanked by a decent pair of headphones from an actual audio brand.

http://cdn.head-fi.org/d/da/1000x4500px-LL-da3733d4_Portableheadphoneschartljokerl.png

That's from Head-Fi.org (an audiophile website).

Basically if you want bang for buck & sound quality get something else, if you want to get bumped and live in regret, get Beats.

You pay for the brand though. Mac's are massively overpriced but people still buy them because its what the people want. Studio's wireless are bad af tho.

They are good headphones, its just there are better brands that consistently sell better headphones for a better price.
Thing that most people forget to quantify when they consider price is the user experience, and a large part of that is very personal and linked with taste.

When I brought my wife her laptop recently I paid a fair bit extra for a better model that was designed in a way that I knew she would love. Specs wise it was the same as a cheaper model, and she could get the exact same function out of a laptop a few hundred pounds cheaper.

But even after 6 months, she still loves to open the laptop and use it, and still gets that nice warm feeling when you feel like you are using something that i nicely tactfully designed, and fits your perception.

Headphones, phones, tablets, laptops, anything techy, if you go by the pure numbers, then higher brands are almost never worth the price.. but they are worth it to a lot of people as the small differences in design and branding add a huge amount of value to the user experience.
Body has completely betrayed me this week, although to some extent I betrayed it. Bent over the wrong way and did something to my lower back causing it to go into spasm rather frequently. And then my shoulder finally went in the gym and now I have shoulder impairment syndrome which may require surgery, depending on how physiotherapy goes. Not a great week.
So oil rich, neighbouring Arab states will not take them, despite the same religion and culture...

Japan takes 150: http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/05/20/national/japan-take-150-syrians-exchange-students-criticism-harsh-refugee-policy/#.V8QMjSgrK00

Germany and Europe accepts millions?

Rapes, terrorist attacks etc.....

Diversity?

What on Earth are we thinking?
Original post by Zürich
So oil rich, neighbouring Arab states will not take them, despite the same religion and culture...

Japan takes 150: http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/05/20/national/japan-take-150-syrians-exchange-students-criticism-harsh-refugee-policy/#.V8QMjSgrK00

Diversity?

Pipe down you Nazi.

Perhaps Germany and European countries should be taking in refugees considering how Syria, Egypt and Palestine had camps for the millions on European refugees following WW2.

But I guess that's different right?

Oldie and a goldie. Speaks to the soul.
Original post by Zürich

Diversity?

Jordan have taken in millions of refugees. Turkey have taken in a lot aswell. The other Arab countries like UAE should be taking more however.

Seriously though, imagine blaming recent terror attacks on refugees. They are committed by people born and raised in the West. And it's not like there are no white rapists, but rape is only a problem when a brown person does it according to the media and Britain First.
Don't want any refugees. We're full.
Recent events have caused me to change my thoughts on the refugee crisis.

Taking 20,000 refugees over a sustained period isn't really going to put that much strain on the country, it's <0.05% increase of the population. If we were all in the same situation as the Syrians if guarantee that we'd all be on the next boat over.
Reply 8356
My only issue is the views of some of the refugees. They're in general good people but weeding out bad eggs is quite tough as a lot of them won't have been background searched properly. I don't think making sure they have their passport before going to the country for them to profile you is their top priority when their city is getting bombed up.

I also think a lot of them are potentially open to radicalisation.

Saying that out of being humanitarian we should open borders to some refugees but limit the numbers and be as stringent as possible with our procedures.

Just takes a couple bad eggs for a terrorist attack, even though I have no problem with the amount of refugees coming in inherently as I don't think the population is that densely populated here.
Original post by sr90
Don't want any refugees. They're muslims.

cc
Reply 8358
Typical Viet Cong responses.
Original post by Rk2k14
Typical Viet Cong responses.

****ers always in the barber shop telling me refugees ain’t bout this, refugees ain’t bout that

Latest