The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah might as well just ban the whole sport rugby. It's shite anyways
Original post by The Wavefunction
I think the one thing that may come out of it is not forcing people to play contact, which is understandable. In my school we'd split into two groups, those who could play rugby, and those who couldn't. Can't imagine it's like it in all schools though, especially ones with smaller class sizes, and especially ones in areas where rugby isn't so common.

In our school everyone had to play rugby in year 7, contact and all, and were split into an A B C and D team. After first year the lads who wanted to carry on playing rugby did so and those who didn't went off to play hockey and other sports. If people don't want to be involved in a sport with high levels of physicality then they don't have to, but banning it for people who don't mind it is ridiculous.
Reply 82
[video="youtube;74afM2OiFoM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74afM2OiFoM[/video]

Absolute reckage
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
In our school everyone had to play rugby in year 7, contact and all, and were split into an A B C and D team. After first year the lads who wanted to carry on playing rugby did so and those who didn't went off to play hockey and other sports. If people don't want to be involved in a sport with high levels of physicality then they don't have to, but banning it for people who don't mind it is ridiculous.

Fair. In my poor performing, Valley, comprehensive school, it was rugby or football and then some Athletics in the summer. We had enough players for one team and then the odd B team, which was good since there were 65 boys in my year. We were pretty damn good, though. Reached Welsh semi finals.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 84
Original post by SA-1

Absolute reckage

Do you consider hospitals places where people go to get treated, or places where people go to die?
Reply 85
Guys.

If you've used an author multiple times (different books), how do you alphabetise it in the bibliography ? By book year?
Original post by Rk2k14
Guys.

If you've used an author multiple times (different books), how do you alphabetise it in the bibliography ? By book year?

Legitly can't even remember, and it hasn't even been a year since my last deadline. I think it is year though.
Reply 87
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Legitly can't even remember, and it hasn't even been a year since my last deadline. I think it is year though.

Cheers fam.
Is it latest first?
E.g.
Blah Blah 1982
Blah Blah 1981

Or vice versa?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 88
Oldest first.

Rk2k14 2011
Rk2k14 2013
Rk2k14 2015
Reply 89
Original post by Louis.
Oldest first.

Rk2k14 2011
Rk2k14 2013
Rk2k14 2015

Love you.
Reply 90
Original post by Rk2k14
Love you.

Google:

Citethisforme

Thank me later

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope Mcgregor get banged, arrogant ****
Watched Deadpool yesterday - really enjoyed it and thought it was hilarious.
I imagine the McGregor hype is slowly going to die out now, much like it has with Ronda Rousey.
Got to still respect Mcgregor though for what he tried to do. Simply just bit off more than he could chew.
That ****ing gazelle.

The hype won't die down too much like Rousey because Connor will come back. Rousey didn't.
To what extent can you quote in an essay? I've found a paper which has an introduction perfect for what I need. Can I just stick 2 pages worth of text in quotes, cite it, and job done, or is that not ok?
To what extent can you quote in an essay? I've found a paper which has an introduction perfect for what I need. Can I just stick 2 pages worth of text in quotes, cite it, and job done, or is that not ok?

No
Reply 98

just paraphrase and pass it off as your own ideas srs
Original post by Kenan and Kel
No

Fair enough

Original post by swirly
just paraphrase and pass it off as your own ideas srs

That sounds like a plan. I'll reference it at the end though just to make sure

Latest