The Student Room Group

How do you stay motivated?

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I remember that life would be a lot worse and people would judge me if I fail.

I've also learnt to work even without motivation and find that once I get going, I'll be inspired to go longer.
Reply 2
Original post by TSRFT8

I read biographies of successful and interesting people. Thinking about the consequences of failure can be quite motivating. Also, imagining/visualising succeeding in what you want to do can make it seem more realistic and motivate you to get started/keep going.
Alcohol
Reply 4
I don't
So many missed lectures, so much work not done
And even my worst assignments are low 1sts, such is the joy of it being first year...I guess I will have to get my act together at some point
Unfortunately, there are still so many people in our community who don’t have any money left to learning on after paying their rent and utilities each month. The current wage growth is not keeping up with the cost of education for many of these low-income families.
:dontknow:
Not everyone is available a good education.
Really good question. It would be easier, if I have a goal and a sense for my life, just more than stay alive.
I am so unmotivated it pains me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
listening to this, maybe u should try too:
[video="youtube;xDLZvyjs3J4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDLZvyjs3J4[/video]
@Advanced_Subsidiary
Is your man :smile:
Original post by TSRFT8

games then work etc and i realise that i want to do well and not get U's or any other bad grades and i keep working at things
Original post by Edminzodo
I am so unmotivated it pains me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess you have not a clear goal like me? that is always the great problem in such a phase of life, the greatest one is not finding a sense.
i just look at what i want and how to get them and that's enough
Motivation is a modern rubbish.

You work because you have to work.You learn because you have to learn.Otherwise, you're just a lazy bastard.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by makehomework
Motivation is a modern rubbish.

You work because you have to work.You learn because you have to learn.Otherwise, you're just a lazy bastard.

Lazy bastard? is that not a term of the modern rubbish too? by the way has every single human to learn and to work, if this human is able to manage life in another way? no, I don't think so.
Original post by Kallisto
Lazy bastard? is that not a term of the modern rubbish too? by the way has every single human to learn and to work, if this human is able to manage life in another way? no, I don't think so.

how else?
you are in the list of Forbes?
no?
Well then go to work!
Original post by makehomework
how else?
you are in the list of Forbes?
no?
Well then go to work!

Think outside the box. Are working African tribes which are living in the wild (in the sense of earning money)? no. What about the aboriginals in the rain forest? no. You see, there are another living sturctures with another (different) living conditions to ours. That is what I wanted to point out.
(edited 8 years ago)
The end goal. Knowing that with hard work you can get a First or high 2.1 keeps me motivated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending