The Student Room Group

Marriage: Yes or No?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah but no one is going to want to marry me so I'll end up getting an arranged marriage. Sorted.
No, I got cats to look after. :lazy:
Original post by stefano865
But do you want to get divorced? :tongue:

Can't do one without the other. :h:

I don't want to get divorced:no:
I'd have to wait a long time and make sure I really, really trust that person and think we could stay married for life before agreeing in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
how do you know no one is gonna marry you!
it's just all about the timing- your love will reach to you at the right time :u:

Spoiler

Original post by Matrix123
I don't want to get divorced:no:
I'd have to wait a long time and make sure I really, really trust that person and think we could stay married for life before agreeing in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

One of the biggest decisions most people will make in their life.

Of course the aim is to be married for life. A nice dream. But anything can happen.

:wink:

What other qualities would you look for? :smile:
Yes when i'm 28-30
I'd like to get married some day.
Definitely yes. :yep:
Yes, I'd like to get married some day
Original post by stefano865
One of the biggest decisions most people will make in their life.

Of course the aim is to be married for life. A nice dream. But anything can happen.

:wink:

What other qualities would you look for? :smile:

It sure is. :yep: Yep, that's the aim and unfortunately it could go all wrong but you never know.

Well, I'd have to feel comfortable around them. Honesty is a big thing for me. Appearance isn't a total game changer - I'd have to be at least a bit attracted but I always focus much more on personality. If I love them for who they are, that's good enough. :biggrin:
You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm honestly not too bothered about marriage.
Original post by SophieSmall
Weddings don't have to have religious connotations. You can have a civil wedding with 0 religion religious text in it already.

Original post by claireestelle
you can have a civil wedding ceremony with no religion mentioned at all you know :P

I actually was not aware of that :tongue:

That seems perfect then :biggrin:
Reply 32
I'd get married if my partner wanted to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes but in no rush. I'd like my kids to grow up in a nice traditional family.
Don't really believe in the institution of marriage. Weddings are fun though and I like wedding dresses.

I'll probably get married at least a few times.
Yep
Original post by Desideria
To all fellow millennials: Do you see yourself getting married someday or would a committed partnership (no legal ties to one another) be preferable to you?

I am not against the idea of spending my life with that special someone I love, what I am against however is how marriage laws in the West are structured to f*** the men over in the event of divorce.

The only way I would get married in the legal sense is if I knew I could ringfence some of my assets so I wouldnt be f***ed over by my spouse.

Of course if we had any kids I would make sure they are taken care of, but this theme in the West that a woman is entitled to half your stuff just because she married you is simply crazy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Summertime99
Don't really believe in the institution of marriage. Weddings are fun though and I like wedding dresses.

I'll probably get married at least a few times.

lols you realise if a man ever heard you say that, he would never marry you.
I don't want to get married nor I want a committed relationship or relationship at all.

Opening post sounds like you assume everyone wants a relationship.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 39
Would love to be married :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending