The Student Room Group

do I need A level physics for a computer science course

I'm in my first year of A level and I am currently studying Maths, Computer science and sociology. Originally it was plan to choose physics however due to enrolling to my college late, the physics classes were all full, Its an aspiration of mine to study computer science at degree level. I was wondering if it is required to have physics for computer science and if it is should I take it on next year.
Original post by tbator
I'm in my first year of A level and I am currently studying Maths, Computer science and sociology. Originally it was plan to choose physics however due to enrolling to my college late, the physics classes were all full, Its an aspiration of mine to study computer science at degree level. I was wondering if it is required to have physics for computer science and if it is should I take it on next year.

No,you need maths but some universities like physics or further maths,but if you want to get into a computer science course with maths like data science further maths will be helpful,otherwise maths and computer science will be helpful at a levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Not a problem not having physics, however your lack of 3 'strong' sciencey A levels might let you down a touch at Oxbridge and Imperial. You'll be fine elsewhere, and that's not to say you don't stand a chance at aforementioned universities.
Original post by tbator

Nope, you don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending