The Student Room Group

What are your favourite full albums?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ethereal World
What are your favourite full albums? Sometimes there are songs that you love and artists obviously but do you ever get it when a whole album resonates with you and you can just play the whole thing through. I particularly like it when the end of songs lead into the intro of the next song.

Here's a very random selection of albums that I've particularly loved over the past decade or so. Please allow that some of them are from my emo teenage years but I still have a soft spot.

Colour it in- The Maccabees
The Suburbs- Arcade Fire (amazing concept album)
XX- the XX
A Fever you can't sweat out- Panic! At the disco
Red- T.Swift
Let Go- Avril Lavigne
Fallen- Evanescence
Infinity on High- Fall Out Boy
Future Sex Love Sounds- JT
Shock Value- Timbaland
King of Limbs- Radiohead
Only by the night- Kings of Leon

Tbf this is a pretty juvenile selection but I think it's because it's from back in the days where I bought album CDs for my car etc. Whereas now I just listen to Spotify playlists or download individual songs on the Internet.

Anyone got any full albums they love? Especially concept albums :yep:

Tagging some peep I've discussed musak with recently.

Another thread dedicated to music. You know how to get my attention. What a shame.. I don't have full album? (anyway, no one would listen if I made one because of the length...)

But here's song from me.

full eleven minutes - the amount of time I spent reading this entire thread. Now, I just need to find the time to listen to all this.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
I love Infinity on High but the first song I ever properly fell in love with was Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year, so I've gotta go the other way I'm afraid.

I think A Fever You Can't Sweat Out has better songs, but I discovered Vices and Virtues during my first serious relationship so I guess it resonates with me.

I'm more confused that you had Red on your list. I thought Speak Now and Fearless were both so much better.

I think the Red thing is more about the resonatiom thing- I acknowledge Speak Now especially is a better complete album but I was in a long distance relationship when Red came out and it was permanently on in my car and the various songs helped me during the highs and lows of that.

I like sophomore slump back too....
Also champagne for my real friends and real pain for my sham friends... Like how clever is that play on words ?!
I think the Red thing is more about the resonatiom thing- I acknowledge Speak Now especially is a better complete album but I was in a long distance relationship when Red came out and it was permanently on in my car and the various songs helped me during the highs and lows of that.

I like sophomore slump back too....
Also champagne for my real friends and real pain for my sham friends... Like how clever is that play on words ?!

Ayyyy :ahee:
Crocodiles by Echo and the Bunnymen
Heaven Up Here by Echo and the Bunnymen
Porcupine by Echo and the Bunnymen
Ocean Rain by Echo and the Bunnymen
Script of the Bridge by The Chameleons
What Does Anything Mean? Basically by The Chameleons
Strange Times by The Chameleons
Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division
Closer by Joy Division
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
Hunky Dory

I just have a lot I like though really :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Student403
Ayyyy :ahee:

Knew you'd preciate :yep:
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Bastards by Motorhead has been on in my car all week, and it's one of their most under-rated albums; Don't Let Daddy Kiss Me and Lost In the Ozone are both utterly chilling.

Bastards is a great album. The bass solo in Lost In The Ozone is awesome.

Also, Dark Side of the Moon <3
And Wish You Were Here. And, to a certain degree, Atom Heart Mother. I thought Division Bell was kinda under-rated too, personally I think it's a brilliant album with some killer composition.
(edited 8 years ago)
If you're reading this it's too late - Drake

Fallen- Evanescence

[video="youtube;gbt61vcAkG0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbt61vcAkG0[/video]
Reply 88
Pink Floyd - The Wall, Dark Side of the Moon, Animals, Wish You Were Here
Bonobo - The North Borders, Black Sands
Radiohead - OK Computer, The Bends
Oasis - What's The Story, Morning Glory?
Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City, Section.80
Led Zeppelin - IV
Darius - Romeo
Metallica - anything before and including the Black Album, really
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Nirvana - all of them
Pearl Jam - Ten
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced, Axis Bold as Love
XX - XX
Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures

Ah, I can't remember much more right now :redface:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zargabaath
[video="youtube;gbt61vcAkG0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbt61vcAkG0[/video]

Jshep is this the one Keem linked me the other day ?
Jshep is this the one Keem linked me the other day ?

:noway: stealing my memes smfh

Listen to this one
[video="youtube;tOsck7jYUsE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOsck7jYUsE[/video]
:noway: stealing my memes smfh

Listen to this one
[video="youtube;tOsck7jYUsE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOsck7jYUsE[/video]

Nothing you do is orginal. Thirsting on me is an example.
Nothing you do is orginal. Thirsting on me is an example.

m8 i started the mass thirst, i was a pioneer willing to go where no one else wanted to :rofl:
Day's War—Lonely the Brave.
Only by the Night—Kings of Leon.
Meliora—Ghost. Hence username.

I weirdly liked Red by T–Swizzle, as well.
m8 i started the mass thirst, i was a pioneer willing to go where no one else wanted to :rofl:

That's somewhat true actually. You made me. :dance: Lol at willing to go where no one else wanted to :toofunny:

But hmmmmm I will have to check my PMs to verify that. Most of the thirst was post avatar but some people found my weird and insane personality alone appealing including you... Takes one to know one
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
Day's War—Lonely the Brave.
Only by the Night—Kings of Leon.
Meliora—Ghost. Hence username.

I weirdly liked Red by T–Swizzle, as well.

Great admission of Red. She is a guilty pleasure for a lot of people I reckon.

Also I had only by the night in mine as well (if you saw). Just love it when Closer starts up.
XX - The XX
Coexist - The XX
Born To Die: Paradise Edition - Lana Del Rey
Ultraviolence - Lana Del Rey
Honeymoon - Lana Del Rey
Philharmonics - Agnes Obel
Fair Youth - Maybeshewill

There are probably some others too but yeah.
That's somewhat true actually. You made me. :dance: Lol at willing to go where no one else wanted to :toofunny:

But hmmmmm I will have to check my PMs to verify that. Most of the thirst was post avatar but some people found my weird and insane personality alone appealing including you... Takes one to know one

Weirdos like us must attract each other and I seem to remember it being somewhat reciprocal too :wink:
Original post by ivybridge
XX - The XX
Coexist - The XX
Born To Die: Paradise Edition - Lana Del Rey
Ultraviolence - Lana Del Rey
Honeymoon - Lana Del Rey
Philharmonics - Agnes Obel
Fair Youth - Maybeshewill

There are probably some others too but yeah.

Let's get together and listen to the Xx forever? I can listen to the Intro on loop forever and ask there's a really good remix online of reconsider. I will find it and edit it in !
Weirdos like us must attract each other and I seem to remember it being somewhat reciprocal too :wink:

Don't flatter yourself. :hand:

Quick Reply

Latest