The Student Room Group

McKinsey Discover 2016

Scroll to see replies

Congrats to those who have received offers :smile:. I'd love to get on this, i'm currently doing a years placement with GlaxoSmithKline in IT but wanted to learn a bit about consulting during the summer before I go back to university.
Original post by Robadond
This is what mine said

Your details have been sent to McKinsey’s recruitment team as an SEO Candidate this means that your application will be prioritised and your chances of being successfully chosen for the Discover Programme are increased.

What did yours say?

same as yours. lol was generic i guess. oh well.
What do you guys mean when you say you've applied via SEO?
Also if people have got offers now does those that haven't heard probably haven't got one? :frown:
Original post by luckystar1995
What do you guys mean when you say you've applied via SEO?
Also if people have got offers now does those that haven't heard probably haven't got one? :frown:

nothing big man, SEO just help poor kids lol haha they don't really help that much to be honest. pretty good for interviews, but that's it.

and yeah i would like to know also if they sent all offers today or some will be sent later
Original post by AbsurdBanana
Just got an offer! Anyone else?

Original post by hertsr
Me too! Congrats. :smile:

I just realized I'll have to cancel a lot of reservations I had already made for the holidays. Sigh. Do you get fast-tracked for internships, etc.?

Well done guys!

When did you apply?

EDIT: Not looking good for the rest of us who didn't get an email guys... seems that last year they sent out all the acceptances on the same day and the rejections the few day afterwards. Fingers crossed I'm wrong though..
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hertsr

I just realized I'll have to cancel a lot of reservations I had already made for the holidays. Sigh. Do you get fast-tracked for internships, etc.?

No, it's purely non-evaluative. The venue looks awesome though!
Guys, check your emails
Received an email not to long ago. I didn't get on unfortunately :frown:. Doesn't bode very well if I want to apply for a position there when I graduate if I can't get on this program haha
Just got rejected
Original post by WarwickEconJ
Just got rejected

this is annoying! I have heard nothing!
Reply 30
Original post by hertsr

Congrats!
Would you mind me asking what/where you study?
anyone heard anything today? lol they still didn't get back to me. did any SEO people get offers here?
Anyone mind explaining what SEO is? :K:
Original post by AbsurdBanana
Anyone mind explaining what SEO is? :K:

Google SEO london

Posted from TSR Mobile
guys anyone else yet to hear back??

:angry:
Hi Everyone

I received a rejection a few days ago and I am curious, as to why I was rejected. For those of you that have been applied or been accepted, can you please let me know any tips you would recommend? If you could private message me, what your background is (uni, course, what year of study etc) and if you have secured any internships or have any relevant work experience, that will be SO HELPFUL!

If you could also say if you do any extracurricular activities, that will be helpful too.

Thanks for your time.

Regards
Jess xxx
I was also unsuccessful. However, I was invited to join McKinsey's Keep In Touch Programme. Was everyone else? Am curious to know if this is something they invite all unsuccessful candidates to join.
Guys.. idk if this is active - does Mkinsey Discovery require a interview or any tests

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending