The Student Room Group

McKinsey Discover 2016

Hi guys, can't find any threads for McKinsey Discover 2016. Only submitted application yesterday, just wondering when will we hear from them?

Scroll to see replies

I've applied too :smile:

The application deadline was just yesterday so I imagine that they'd reply mid/late March?
Reply 2
I applied too.

Anyone know what the programme actually entails?
Reply 3
Original post by CompSci16
I've applied too :smile:

The application deadline was just yesterday so I imagine that they'd reply mid/late March?

I hope it's soon! Are you an undergrad student too?
Reply 4
Original post by zaramazhar

Im a first year, hbu?

Original post by Robadond
Im a first year, hbu?

Yes, I'm a first year :smile: What are you guys studying/which uni?

I looked at the threads in the years before and people got replies about 2 weeks before the programme, so hopefully we'll find out by the 24th.
Reply 6
Yes, I'm a first year :smile: What are you guys studying/which uni?

I looked at the threads in the years before and people got replies about 2 weeks before the programme, so hopefully we'll find out by the 24th.

Penultimate doing Engineering at Uni. Of Bristol. Wbu? Did you do cover letter or just CV?
Reply 7
Im a first year, hbu?

Penultimate.
Did you do a cover letter? I hope there are less apps compared to last year!
😬
Penultimate doing Engineering at Uni. Of Bristol. Wbu? Did you do cover letter or just CV?

Studying at Warwick :smile:

I read in the previous threads that there was no point in putting a cover letter as they don't read it apparently? Only included my CV.
Reply 9
Studying at Warwick :smile:

I read in the previous threads that there was no point in putting a cover letter as they don't read it apparently? Only included my CV.

You are probably right. I spent literally ages on mine, I hope it's not a waste of time! 😭
Penultimate.
Did you do a cover letter? I hope there are less apps compared to last year!
😬

I'm at Cass and no I didn't include a cover letter :P I heard they don't read them at all
Reply 11
Does anyone know if they interview for the program, or do they just go off the CV?
Original post by avar
Does anyone know if they interview for the program, or do they just go off the CV?

From what I saw from past year threads, it's just the CV
Anyone know the spots-applicants ratio?
Anyone know the spots-applicants ratio?

I think 40/50 spots and about 2000 applicants
D'you know when we're likely to know?
Anyone apply via SEO?

yeah they said they'd sent my cv to the firm lol what does that mean? did they send everyones that applied via seo or just a select few?
Original post by DavidMonk
yeah they said they'd sent my cv to the firm lol what does that mean? did they send everyones that applied via seo or just a select few?

This is what mine said

Your details have been sent to McKinsey’s recruitment team as an SEO Candidate this means that your application will be prioritised and your chances of being successfully chosen for the Discover Programme are increased.

What did yours say?
Just got an offer! Anyone else?
Reply 19
Original post by AbsurdBanana
Just got an offer! Anyone else?

Me too! Congrats. :smile:

I just realized I'll have to cancel a lot of reservations I had already made for the holidays. Sigh. Do you get fast-tracked for internships, etc.?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending