The Student Room Group

Lara Logan decides to speak about her attack in Tahrir Square

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Marco1
Are you the thread police are you? You're conflating the topic at hand, and you know it. Who are you to make judgemental generalisations about contributors to the thread? Stick to the topic. If you have an issue with a contributor then address yourself to them. Your generalisations smack loudly of biased political theory, not an exploration of the Arabic gang rape phenomenon in Tahrir Square.

Show me where I was not addressing contributors to the thread. Your responses to me were aimed at my responses to them. The fact of the matter is that most of the posts on this thread were not on topic to begin with.
Original post by Marco1
Journalist Lara Logan finally speaks out about her harrowing ordeal on the first night of the Arab Spring 'celebrations' in Tahrir Square in 2011. She was very lucky to escape alive from the mob that attacked her. There were numerous similar attacks on women during the celebrations. Women in Cairo do not tend to speak out about sexual assaults. If they did, they would likely be blamed for it! Such is the embedded cultural logic in Egypt regarding rape. 5 years later we would see similar callous attacks on women in Cologne and other German cities.

Who cares?

We now already know all arabs/muslims are rapists. This is nothing new.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 162
Original post by WBZ144
Show me where I was not addressing contributors to the thread. Your responses to me were aimed at my responses to them. The fact of the matter is that most of the posts on this thread were not on topic to begin with.

You know damn well what you were saying and the way you said it. Instead of playing silly games, how about putting forward your personal views on the topic? It seems you prefer to criticise what others have contributed and continue to play thread police. That way you can avoid thinking about your view on the event under scrutiny. Do you have any personal thoughts about these vicious Egyptian rapes on women or not? You're a woman yourself aren't you? It seems I care more than you about the victims so cruelly violated. You should be outraged! But all you want to do is try and degrade what others are saying.
Reply 163
Original post by Death Grips
Who cares?

We now already know all arabs/muslims are rapists. This is nothing new.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I care and hopefully the human race cares too. That's the problem isn't it. Too many people don't give a **** about how women are treated.
Original post by Marco1
You know damn well what you were saying and the way you said it. Instead of playing silly games, how about putting forward your personal views on the topic? It seems you prefer to criticise what others have contributed and continue to play thread police. That way you can avoid thinking about your view on the event under scrutiny. Do you have any personal thoughts about these vicious Egyptian rapes on women or not? You're a woman yourself aren't you? It seems I care more than you about the victims so cruelly violated. You should be outraged! But all you want to do is try and degrade what others are saying.

Of course I know damn well what I was saying and the way I said it. I stand by everything I have said on this thread.

"Scrutiny" by who? You? Is there any reason why I should care?

My point still stands that almost none of the posts were about the victim of rape. They were all along the lines of "those damn Arab savages", "they like to assault White women", " all of their men are misogynists" and "we are better than them". So it was a lot more to do with exploiting what happened to Lara Logan in an attempt to make feel-good cultural comparisons, rather than discussing what can be done to change the situation in Egypt, which is very insincere. And I was right to call them out on it.
Reply 165
Original post by WBZ144
And I was right to call them out on it.

That's just it. You weren't right to play thread police and try and screw up the discussion by your hysterics. Sober intellectual debate lets everyone have a voice and does not resort to spoiling it with general emotive accusations. That's the all too familiar tactic of the liberal left wing lobby who can't bear to hear anyone with a different opinion. Pathetic. And yeah, it seems you won't even dare contribute something of your views on what happened. In fact you strike me as racist.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending