The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 1
yea i applied to whitworth park as well i think the bottom floors are guys but the top ones are mixed. yea i don't wanna be i single sex either. Where did you read that it was single sex.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
I'm in Whitty P and flats are all single sex i think. opposite our flat is a girls one. we are surrounded by girls flats, no boys :frown: I think that's cos out flat is on the second floor.

i was in Hulme Hall last year and they always used to put girls upstairs.
Reply 3
Yep. My friend was in Whitworth Park this year and the majority, if not all of it, is single sex. It's not so bad though, I mean, you guys have a bar in Whitworth park where obviously boys and girls both go. And you can have the opposite sex to stay in your room or whatever whenever you like :smile:
Reply 4
are floors all single sex? i think i read somewhere that its alternate flats on most floors? i specified mixed sex so surely should be more likely to get mixed floor even if its single sex flats than single floor? hopefully?
Reply 5
I know if seems like a big deal BUT..

You will get here and suddenly realise it really doesnt matter at all!

seriously, and for a girl in Whitworth Park its better to be single sex, as you are sharing bathrooms. Boys can be grubby!

then again, girls can take FOREVER to shower....

J

seriously thought, it wont matter, always plenty of boys/girls around everywhere you, thats the wonderful thing about the world....
Reply 6
i dont mind sharing with all girls in my flat but i just mean do people make friends solid with other flats.
I know its not the same but at school theres a solid group of us girls who are friends with one particular group of the lads grammar, so its kinda like flats at uni? or is it not like that?
Reply 7
Whitworth is both girls and boys but flats here tend to be either girls or boys. My flat is next to guys on both sides, and the bottom floors are majoritively boys aswell.

Im in all girls although there are about 3 flats on WP that are mixed (I know a girl who is in one)
Reply 8
They've got some strange policy for putting lads on the bottom floor for "safety" reasons. Abit sexist IMHO. You'll realise it doesn't matter a toss whether its mixed or not, because chances are you'll spend more time with people on your course - especially Gman1617 with the Medics - then again the Humanities and Arts are an antisocial bunch
Spacecam
They've got some strange policy for putting lads on the bottom floor for "safety" reasons. Abit sexist IMHO. You'll realise it doesn't matter a toss whether its mixed or not, because chances are you'll spend more time with people on your course - especially Gman1617 with the Medics - then again the Humanities and Arts are an antisocial bunch

The Humanities and Arts are an antisocial bunch! You have ran into the wrong people!
Reply 10
spend more time with people on your course? my course is mainly girls/all girls so doesnt help haha.
thanks everyone :smile:
Reply 11
do you no what accomodation is mixed
Reply 12
are richmond and sheavyn house mixed flats? what about oak house?
Reply 13
Architects can be antisocial during term time - but then when we get to party as we have plenty of free time y'all are doing your exams!

Whitworth Park's weird. All the flats next to ours were full of guys, except for one on the ground floor which was full of really annoying girls, but we never saw them much at all. And there were a couple down the corridor which were mixed. If you go down to the Grovel you'll just meet a bunch of different characters anyway. :smile:
Reply 14
do u think whitworth is mostly boys
Reply 15
cati88: Richmond Park and Sheavyn House (but not Ashburne Hall) are all mixed flats. Don't know about Oak House though.

Gman1617: Its more of a 50:50 split at Whitworth Park.

As for how much time you spend with accomodation/course people, it varies. I spent most of my time with people from my hall (Allen Hall), which has an excellent JCR and a cheap bar. I only really went out with people from my course when on mass pub crawls etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending