The Student Room Group

Talking to my teacher about problems I am having?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Saffron123456
But I think I will go on my own

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great, well done! Let me know how you get on on here or via PM if you like.
I really think you can do it! :smile:
Original post by Des_Lumières
Great, well done! Let me know how you get on on here or via PM if you like.
I really think you can do it! :smile:

I'm shaking I'm so scared

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm shaking I'm so scared

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know it's difficult. It's ok to be apprehensive though, why don't you do something you like to distract yourself. If you're really panicking try some deep breathing and maybe some herbal tea :smile: It'll be ok!
I know it's difficult. It's ok to be apprehensive though, why don't you do something you like to distract yourself. If you're really panicking try some deep breathing and maybe some herbal tea :smile: It'll be ok!

Do you think he will be okay with me talking to him about. Everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think he will be okay with me talking to him about. Everything

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I think it's very likely that he will be! When you talk to him, you could ease yourself into the conversation. Maybe start by telling him that you've been having a really tough time, not been feeling good, been struggling with X or Y (maybe say you came to him as you thought he might understand) and see how he reacts. If the signs are good you could reveal a little more. Just take it step by step and you'll be fine! You don't have to say anything you don't want to :smile:
Reply 65
you dont think he will think im weird or unusual?

No. His job is to support you. Teachers get training in how to deal with a disclosure, so he will know what to do.

He may need to tell other people, if it is in your best interests for him to do so. It won't become gossip anything you say will only be passed on to people who need to know. He won't judge you or think you strange. He will support you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
No. His job is to support you. Teachers get training in how to deal with a disclosure, so he will know what to do.

He may need to tell other people, if it is in your best interests for him to do so. It won't become gossip anything you say will only be passed on to people who need to know. He won't judge you or think you strange. He will support you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely. Nope, not weird.
Reply 67
The thing is I can't trust the support worker. This teacher is nice to me and cares so would rather talk to him

Posted from TSR Mobile

So talk to him. He is a professional who works with children and young people. It's his job to listen to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely. Nope, not weird.

I just went out to the shop and punched a wall because I am so scared and wanna just talk. Does this seem like I need to talk to him ASAP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
So talk to him. He is a professional who works with children and young people. It's his job to listen to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just went out to the shop and punched a wall because I am so scared and wanna just talk. Does this seem like I need to talk to him ASAP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. Monday morning, I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
Yes. Monday morning, I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really so you think I should definitely. Say something to him about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Really so you think I should definitely. Say something to him about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm soooooooo scared to what he might think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
I'm soooooooo scared to what he might think

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry about it. He's a teacher. It's his job to listen to you. He'll try to sort out your problems and point you in the right direction for further advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
Don't worry about it. He's a teacher. It's his job to listen to you. He'll try to sort out your problems and point you in the right direction for further advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right okay I need to find the courage to speak to him bout it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending