The Student Room Group

Am I being a mug?

I met a boy in september who did my course, he was lovely and i didn't realise it then, but he liked me.

I didn't really think anything of it and he then got in a relationship with another girl. One and a half months later she has moved abroad, and won't return to England. He then saw me and told me he likes me, broke up with his girlfriend.

It has been around two weeks since this time and he has said that we can't see each other publicly yet because of her friends here, as they have been gossiping and telling him that they're going to tell her that he's moved on so quickly, etc.

He told me he really likes me, and we sort of spoke about a future (not greatly, but like we want to start dating each other). However, he said it would take around 2 weeks for it to blow over, and then we are on break from uni for 3 weeks, that means i will hardly see him over this time…

I really like him so i'm worried that he will stop liking me over this time, as it's quite long…what do you think?
Reply 1
Well, keep chatting to him on whatsapp/skype? then you'll still be in touch, arrange to meet for drinks/food as 'friends' and see if you do end up dating.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending