The Student Room Group

Access course not restricted to term time.

Have been speaking to local uni this morning about accessing a degree course. The access courses only last 15 weeks so seems a bit daft to have to wait until september to do one then eait a whole other year to start uni.
Are there any access courses that you arent restricted to starting on a certain date or am i going to have to wait until September and next year for uni.

They have said ucas applications are still open for degree course so technically i could apply and possibly get a conditional offer while im doi g the access course.
Original post by yerhavering
Have been speaking to local uni this morning about accessing a degree course. The access courses only last 15 weeks so seems a bit daft to have to wait until september to do one then eait a whole other year to start uni.
Are there any access courses that you arent restricted to starting on a certain date or am i going to have to wait until September and next year for uni.

They have said ucas applications are still open for degree course so technically i could apply and possibly get a conditional offer while im doi g the access course.

15 weeks? Friends of mine who took Access courses did them in a year, although technically probably more like 9-10 months. I suspect you will have to wait until September to start an Access, but they are popular so apply early.
UCAS is closed for applications for this September but Clearing will open to fill any places that haven't been taken. What do you want to study?
Good luck.
Reply 2
I haven't heard of an access course with a duration less than one academic year. Are you sure that the 15 week course you are considering provides you with access to degree level study?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending