The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Project & Enterprise Management Students 2016

Hi All,

Couldn't find a thread for those that have accepted a place to study PEM in 2016/17.

Be good to connect with whoever is interested and have gained acceptance.

-Matt
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I'm applying for CEM

can I ask if they conducted an interview with you and what your qualification/work experience background is?

thanks
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Ardavan
Hi, I'm applying for CEM

can I ask if they conducted an interview with you and what your qualification/work experience background is?

thanks

Hi Ardavan,

Yes I had a phone interview with Dr. Stephen Pryke, the course director.

I have a first class degree with honors in Architecture, and two years work experience working in Architecture in London.

Applications are assessed in the order they are submitted, and places offered accordingly. If you are serious about applying I would submit your application as quickly as you can to avoid missing out.

-Matt
Reply 3
Original post by mchater
Hi All,

Couldn't find a thread for those that have accepted a place to study PEM in 2016/17.

Be good to connect with whoever is interested and have gained acceptance.

-Matt

Hi mchater,Can i ask what you were asked in the telephone interview?
Reply 4
Hi mchater,

Could you tell me what they asked in the telephone interview?
Reply 5
Original post by ramdog93
Hi mchater,

Could you tell me what they asked in the telephone interview?

I was informed that the telephone interview would be informal, however anything spoken about within could be used to determine the outcome of my application.

The questions were centered around why I chose UCL and how the course would form a part of my future career.

As long as you do your research (especially on who is interviewing you) and go through some mock questions, you should be fine.

Best of luck.
Reply 6
Original post by mchater
I was informed that the telephone interview would be informal, however anything spoken about within could be used to determine the outcome of my application.

The questions were centered around why I chose UCL and how the course would form a part of my future career.

As long as you do your research (especially on who is interviewing you) and go through some mock questions, you should be fine.

Best of luck.

Hay Matt,

I'm applying for CEM, and still waiting for a respond from UCL and i want to ask something Matt, how long UCL reply your application to inform to you about telephone interview?

And my consideration is my IELTS Score didn't achieve 6.5, i only got 6
Reply 7
Original post by iqbal17
Hay Matt,

I'm applying for CEM, and still waiting for a respond from UCL and i want to ask something Matt, how long UCL reply your application to inform to you about telephone interview?

I had to wait 6 weeks for an intial response from UCL, after which they invited me to a telephone interview.
Reply 8
Original post by iqbal17
Hay Matt,

Iqbal when did you submit your application, including references?
Reply 9
Original post by Ardavan
Iqbal when did you submit your application, including references?

hay ardava, i submited my application ten days ago
Reply 10
Original post by iqbal17
hay ardava, i submited my application ten days ago

ah nice, what did you study previously?
Reply 11
Has anyone gained acceptance yet? and anyone gained acceptance with a 2:2?
Hi guys,

Is there anyone who has got an offer from PEM?
Reply 13
me!
Hi everybody!

I got an offer and accepted it a few weeks ago. I guess I'll be seeing you in September :smile:
Hi!

I am still waiting for an offer...Hope I will get it. How was the interview? Could you tell me what did they ask in the interview?

Thanks in advance.
Original post by TreasureSearcher
Hi!

I am still waiting for an offer...Hope I will get it. How was the interview? Could you tell me what did they ask in the interview?

Thanks in advance.

The interview was pretty straightforward. I was asked about my ambitions, why UCL, why the interest in the PEM, if I applied to similar courses in other universities, if I had thought of a theme for the dissertation and if I was prepared for the research needed to write it. In addition, I was asked how I was going to pay for tuition and if I intended to work while studying... the usual questions. I was offered a conditional position at the end of the interview (they didn't accept my CAE test result, which would have 27 months at the beginning of the programme, but since then I have taken the IELTS and had result needed).

Good luck!
Reply 17
Hi guys,

I have received an offer as well, few weeks ago.
As I missed by 0,5 pts in my writing exam (IELTS) and UCL didn't accept it, I am doing another exam in 15 days.
Hope I will pass and meet the minimum requirement, otherwise I will go to University of Reading, as I hold an unconditional offer there.
Reply 18
What is your academic background and which country are you coming from? Mine was a little different. Dr. Pryke asked me about my intellectual interests. And why i was interested in PEM. He asked you tough questions. But i guess you nailed it! I haven't thought about my dissertation!! I don't wanna even think about it as yet! Lol.
I hold a MSc. in Civil Engineering and worked previously as a geotechnical and structural design engineer. I am interested in the PEM because I want a career change, without leaving the construction business, which I love. I wasn't interviewed by Dr. Pryke but by Dr. Mark Page. I am Portuguese btw. Maybe he made those questions about the dissertation because I mentioned in my personal statement the steel market issues here in the UK with the foreseen closure of Tata Steel in Port Talbot. I believe it was a mixture of luck, charisma, and knowledge that got me into it lol xD

What about you okrahuh, what is your background?

They still haven't changed my offer from conditional to unconditional, and I've sent the IELTS test result form a couple of weeks ago. Maybe they are busy with all the applications...

Good luck with your exam Randal. Unfortunately for us, they are very strict with the English requirements. I feel you! I had to pay for another exam when the previous score was much higher than the one needed to enter the programme.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending