The Student Room Group

University of Brighton

I applied to the University of Brighton and attended an interview on the 17th of February, I thought it went pretty good. On the 24th I attended another university interview and I saw a person from last week and he found he got rejected. Two days later so the 26th I got accepted by that other uni interview I went to. typically how long does the university of Brighton take to give an offer or rejection?

Also, do universities only give out a certain amount of offers depending on how many places they have? Or do they give it out more and then depending on grades and stuff.. see who gets in?
Reply 1
Original post by undisputed_2013
I applied to the University of Brighton and attended an interview on the 17th of February, I thought it went pretty good. On the 24th I attended another university interview and I saw a person from last week and he found he got rejected. Two days later so the 26th I got accepted by that other uni interview I went to. typically how long does the university of Brighton take to give an offer or rejection?

Also, do universities only give out a certain amount of offers depending on how many places they have? Or do they give it out more and then depending on grades and stuff.. see who gets in?

To your second paragraph, yes they give out many more offers than they have places because not everyone will Firm the offer, and not all that do will achieve the offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So what's the score if I firm offer them and the amount of people that also firm them exceed the amount of people that they are taking? I'm just really confused.
Reply 3
So what's the score if I firm offer them and the amount of people that also firm them exceed the amount of people that they are taking? I'm just really confused.

The uni expects that some of the Firmers won't make their offer.

It's a balancing act by the universities but they've been doing it for years so they know roughly what proportion will miss the offer each year. Overall the process seems to work ok...

All *you* need to worry about is meeting the firm offer. If you do, then you are in. No ifs no buts. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Thanks bub I've got ya. I'm just going to try furthering my chance of getting into the university. How so, you ask? I shall exterminate the competition. SO that everyone given an offer will be deceased. In such a situation they will be forced to accept me or they'll have no students. I know I've written this all very icky (much like my gloves will be - I don't like my hands getting messy) but I hope you don't catch whiff of what I mean.
Reply 5
Thanks bub I've got ya. I'm just going to try furthering my chance of getting into the university. How so, you ask? I shall exterminate the competition. SO that everyone given an offer will be deceased. In such a situation they will be forced to accept me or they'll have no students. I know I've written this all very icky (much like my gloves will be - I don't like my hands getting messy) but I hope you don't catch whiff of what I mean.

They would cancel the course if there was only one (psychopathic) offer holder still standing...
Reply 6
I have received conditional offes from Brighton and Coventry universities to study Film Production & Media. Does anyone have real advise on which one to choose?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending