The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Teacher long term absence and Kent's leniency

Hey,
So basically one of my teachers has just taken extended leave due to illness, does anyone who studies at Kent or is a prospective student know how lenient they are.

My school have decided the best course of action to take is to inform all the universities we are holding as firm choices with a view to lowering our entry requirements as we are currently trying to teach ourselves and are two months behind schedule.

So if anyone knows that would be helpful :smile: oh I'm applying for Religious Studies by the way so particularly that department..

Thanks!
Original post by gabbynutley98
Hey,
So basically one of my teachers has just taken extended leave due to illness, does anyone who studies at Kent or is a prospective student know how lenient they are.

My school have decided the best course of action to take is to inform all the universities we are holding as firm choices with a view to lowering our entry requirements as we are currently trying to teach ourselves and are two months behind schedule.

So if anyone knows that would be helpful :smile: oh I'm applying for Religious Studies by the way so particularly that department..

Thanks!

Word of advice from a current Kent student: don't bank on leniency at all. The university's leniency depends on so many different factors each year that it's a bad idea to assume that they'll be lenient.

I know it's probably not the answer you'd expect or possibly want (I sympathise with the general nature of your situation, I was severely ill for a substantial period of time in sixth form before being accepted and starting here), but it's honestly better to aim for the grades required or exceed them. I'm not trying to scare you (believe me!) but I personally don't see banking on leniency as a wise move.

If I was to say anything about leniency, they're like any other university: they're lenient when the situation(s) is/are genuine and severe enough to warrant leniency.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Ah I wasn't going to bank on it! But thanks for your advice it's been very helpful , if you don't mind I have a couple of questions about Kent life is like to ask you? :smile:
Original post by gabbynutley98
Ah I wasn't going to bank on it! But thanks for your advice it's been very helpful , if you don't mind I have a couple of questions about Kent life is like to ask you? :smile:

Absolutely! PM me anything you want to know! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending