The Student Room Group

Need some reassurance regarding KCL's "reply"

Hi guys, I'm feeling rather worried now about KCL's supposed rejection.

Here is the situation (please please bear with me):

I applied early on, in October 06 and I waited and waited for KCL's reply - all the people who applied for the same course (Law LLB) got their reply in February/March, but my reply didn't come through.

Panicking, I went to speak to my careers advisor in the first week of May and she bombarded KCL with email and phone calls, but there was no answer from them. (WTF?)

So we phoned UCAS, who said that KCL had until 9th May to reply.

Fair enough, I'll wait a little longer.

9th May: zilch, jack *****, no reply.

12 noon 10th May: reply finally came through - apparently rejected.

Of course I was rather peed off - I had waited all this time and delayed my accommodation stuff for them...but oh well.

This Saturday however, for some odd reason, I got a letter from UCAS and on it said

KCL M100
No decision received from institution by deadline

The letter was dated 14th May.

The UCAS website says that 9th May was the final deadline and everything was rejected by default.

I got another letter, dated 16th May with confirmations of my replies, and on the KCL box was "RBD". Rejected by default?

Soooo....my question is:

Was KCL's rejection a "real" rejection, or was it just snipped off by UCAS?

Any suggestions are welcome...I feel rather ripped off. Or maybe I am just being rather silly?

Thanks for your time.
They didn't reject you, they just didn't reply by the deadline, so you were automatically rejected by default by UCAS. That's so harsh :hugs:
Reply 2
Not much you can do, KCL didn't bother to reply by the deadline so it was rejected by UCAS automatically. Its not a 'real' rejection, but it serves exactly the same purpose.

Anyway, why did you not phone KCL yourself?
Reply 3
Great, so it seems I was RBD'd...makes me wonder why I even bothered applying to them. Maybe they lost my application too. :mad:

Bah, I did try phoning but all I got was answerphone, telling me to basically sod off and email them, which I did.

Ah well. No can do now.

Thank you anyway Kelly and 3232 for the replies.

Latest

Trending

Trending