The Student Room Group

No offer from Brunel/Product Design Engineering

Hi guys
I applied for product design engineering at Brunel but did not get an offer... I am very disappointed as it was the only university I really got excited about after visiting it. I loved the teachers, the program, the campus, the location, everything about it!
Do you think there is a chance i could get a place through clearing or could they offer me a place in another course such as product design without engineering ?

Thanks!
Original post by cpfcsouthlondon
Hi guys
I applied for product design engineering at Brunel but did not get an offer... I am very disappointed as it was the only university I really got excited about after visiting it. I loved the teachers, the program, the campus, the location, everything about it!
Do you think there is a chance i could get a place through clearing or could they offer me a place in another course such as product design without engineering ?

Thanks!

last year i had applied late and dint get through for industrial design and tech - even my marks were on the low side , then was told that i can take another engineering or design related course (if i attend remedial classes ) that was available then (as most of these courses have a similar first year) and then i could internally apply for my course in the second year but was told the chances were slim .

i took a gap year and worked hard on my portfolio - brunel was amongst the 5 univs i chose . but this year their attuitude has changed (too many applicants) and even though I've been in contact through out the year i was rejected through ucas for low marks (i took short courses to cover up too ) , but then I'm pretty confident of getting through GSA CSM and some other european universities so its fine .

but it'll be tough this year - directly contact the admissions and express whatever it is , it might help later on .
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AnirudhKots

Quick Reply

Latest