The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Health & Social Care NTU

Hi everyone!

Just received my offer to study Health & Social Care at NTU :smile:

Just wondered if any current Health & Social care students could give me any info on the course, such as timetables, placements, tutors etc.?
Original post by Anna Jane
Hi everyone!

Just received my offer to study Health & Social Care at NTU :smile:

Just wondered if any current Health & Social care students could give me any info on the course, such as timetables, placements, tutors etc.?

Hi Anna Jane

I am a Health and Social Care graduate from NTU!

Anyway to the point, I highly advise you to get some work experience during your studies as they will help you build confidence AND knowledge of the sector.
This is how I achieved a (high) 2.1 from one of the modules; Work Based Experience in second year when you will be able to choose a career pathway.
I did my work experience at the Women's Centre on Chaucer Street, which is literally next to the Chaucer Building so you can go and do yours there if you want?
The tutors are really helpful especially Kirsty (Kirsteen to make her name confusing) and Jane (last time I was there she was the course leader) and they will be your main Lecturers throughout the course.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Borism, what are you doing now? Did the degree open many doors for you job wise? X
Original post by siobhancait
Borism, what are you doing now? Did the degree open many doors for you job wise? X

Mostly office roles. Now I get 'pestered' by employers because of the extensive experience I have gained over 2 years since graduation.

Beggars can't be choosers as they say.
(edited 7 years ago)
Would you say its worth it? X
Original post by siobhancait
Would you say its worth it? X

Well it's got me where I am today, because most graduates are not as lucky when it comes to getting a job after graduation. I know some people who are still unemployed and they graduated the same year as me!

Quick Reply