The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Computer science at Royal Holloway or Surrey?

Hi,

I currently have the same offer from both of these universities and am wondering if anyone has an opinion on each of the unis.

Is there teaching adequate?
Do they provide good support?
Do they offer good placement jobs for 3rd year?

Things like this would be great to know

Thanks!
Woah I got the same dilemma. Royal Holloway offers more modules relevant to what I wanna do, but Surrey one seems like a better course.

Also they both pretty much offer the same placements with bigger companies like Microsoft, not sure about smaller ones tho...

Have you settled on one yet?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by RickLovesMorty
Woah I got the same dilemma. Royal Holloway offers more modules relevant to what I wanna do, but Surrey one seems like a better course.

Also they both pretty much offer the same placements with bigger companies like Microsoft, not sure about smaller ones tho...

Have you settled on one yet?

I decided on royal holloway because they offer much more flexibility in there courses. Like I am able to 'change' my CS course to say the Artificial intelligence one. Just gotta hope i get in now :biggrin:
Original post by tobychung
I decided on royal holloway because they offer much more flexibility in there courses. Like I am able to 'change' my CS course to say the Artificial intelligence one. Just gotta hope i get in now :biggrin:

I didn't know they could do that, pretty cool. Good luck in your exams :smile:
Original post by RickLovesMorty
I didn't know they could do that, pretty cool. Good luck in your exams :smile:

Original post by tobychung

Did you finally go to RHUL?

I'm thinking of going there for Computer Science (Information Security).

How is teaching over there? Are they hand-on, enough practical sessions?

I will appreciate your review.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending