The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Goldsmith Court

Has anyone chosen Goldsmith Court for their accommodation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by saifpatel
Has anyone chosen Goldsmith Court for their accommodation?

I'm thinking of booking it because there's no accommodation left near the university and it's first year im there so :/
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah it's my first year as well. It's pretty close to the university like 30 seconds away from the business building. So it's in a good spot and it's really cheap as well.
Reply 3
Well I'm talking to my parents tonight about booking it tomorrow (think I'll pick the 5 ensuite (think that's right) ) so let me know if you so I might see you there what are you studying?
Reply 4
Original post by lauren-s
Well I'm talking to my parents tonight about booking it tomorrow (think I'll pick the 5 ensuite (think that's right) ) so let me know if you so I might see you there what are you studying?

I talked to my brother and I was going to book Gill street south but it was so expensive. Then we went through private accommodation and saw that the Goldsmith Court was closer and there's really no difference in what you experience there. I'm saving like a grand in booking at Goldsmith so an extra grand to spend in uni. I'm studying Business wbu?
Reply 5
I'm thinking of booking it because there's no accommodation left near the university and it's first year im there so :/

Same I want to book it but I'm stuck between this and Trinity Square
Yeah it's my first year as well. It's pretty close to the university like 30 seconds away from the business building. So it's in a good spot and it's really cheap as well.

I'm doing business too; stuck between goldsmith and glasshouse. I want to stay at the place with the most first year students
Reply 7
Original post by rhiannonmichaela
I'm doing business too; stuck between goldsmith and glasshouse. I want to stay at the place with the most first year students

The form I received from Goldsmith Court does ask you if you are 1st year or 2nd year etc. It's literally like 30 seconds away from the business building.
Reply 8
Original post by M_Asln
Same I want to book it but I'm stuck between this and Trinity Square

I had a look at trinity square but it's more expensive and the reviews were all dire! Broken lifts, small window for collecting parcels, constantly told to be quiet by staff and older students so! Goldsmith it is hopefully
Reply 9
I talked to my brother and I was going to book Gill street south but it was so expensive. Then we went through private accommodation and saw that the Goldsmith Court was closer and there's really no difference in what you experience there. I'm saving like a grand in booking at Goldsmith so an extra grand to spend in uni. I'm studying Business wbu?

Same I just couldn't bear to pay 6,000 plus for something when I'm pretty sure at goldsmiths it is a lot cheaper! I'm studying psychology :P I never even got chance to look at sandby for online booking this morning (which I had decided on because it was the one I could afford and it was nearby even though compared to every other uni I could get a studio for the same price weekly :| ) and I'm not joking I woke up early kept clicking refresh as soon as booking came online and I never even got to pick it as an option it was already gone! Nearly had a meltdown because I'd waited specifically for that when I could've had piece of mind and secured a place months ago and well ! Not a good morning XD
Same I just couldn't bear to pay 6,000 plus for something when I'm pretty sure at goldsmiths it is a lot cheaper! I'm studying psychology :P I never even got chance to look at sandby for online booking this morning (which I had decided on because it was the one I could afford and it was nearby even though compared to every other uni I could get a studio for the same price weekly :| ) and I'm not joking I woke up early kept clicking refresh as soon as booking came online and I never even got to pick it as an option it was already gone! Nearly had a meltdown because I'd waited specifically for that when I could've had piece of mind and secured a place months ago and well ! Not a good morning XD

Exactly the same as me! But I'm glad I've found the private accommodation which is cheaper and much nicer than the leftover halls on the campus. It's just choosing the right one now!
Reply 11
I had a look at trinity square but it's more expensive and the reviews were all dire! Broken lifts, small window for collecting parcels, constantly told to be quiet by staff and older students so! Goldsmith it is hopefully

Definitely picking goldsmith then, hopefully there will be space :/
Original post by M_Asln

I want to but the rooms are smaller than glasshouse. I guess it's near to the uni so I'm going to try there aswell
Reply 13
Original post by M_Asln

I still haven't given in my deposit yet just make sure you ring them up and tell them to email you a form. Then try and post it as soon as possible or go as soon as possible. Luckily I went Nottingham on Saturday for the open day and just put it under their door.
Reply 14
I want to but the rooms are smaller than glasshouse. I guess it's near to the uni so I'm going to try there aswell

Really?! I haven't visited them so I don't know what they are like, but hopefully there is enough storage and the en-suite is decent..there are hardly any pictures online as well.. :/ Tbf I just hope the area and atmosphere is decent
Reply 15
I still haven't given in my deposit yet just make sure you ring them up and tell them to email you a form. Then try and post it as soon as possible or go as soon as possible. Luckily I went Nottingham on Saturday for the open day and just put it under their door.

Yeah I just emailed them.. when d we have to pay our deposit though after results day or whenever?
Reply 16

It ran out within the night?! Try and book Goldsmith as soon as possible or try and find another one as soon as. They run out quick.
Reply 17
Original post by M_Asln
Yeah I just emailed them.. when d we have to pay our deposit though after results day or whenever?

I think before results day so you can get your flat number.
Exactly the same as me! But I'm glad I've found the private accommodation which is cheaper and much nicer than the leftover halls on the campus. It's just choosing the right one now!

I've completed the form and I'm adding the cheque, sending tomorrow. I'm riding on there being places left - I rang the people up to ask about deposits and things and she said their solicitors were still looking over the Tenancy thing they send you after they receive your deposit so it would be longer than a week to get that document which you sign and send back to confirm your place and guarantor details (sorry mum ) praying I'm not too late. I could've done this months ago! Beyond miffed :/ tell me if you decide to stay at goldsmiths :3
Reply 19
i've sent the deposit and my details today, just waiting now ... do you know how long they take to send flat numbers etc ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending