The Student Room Group

Royal College Of Surgeons In Ireland Medicine Applicants 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OmarAli_O98
I got an email from RCSI around two days ago that I have been shortlisted for interview and that I will be receiving later in the day email from Sonru with interview link. Almost 48 hours now and still no link from Sonru. Emailed RCSI, they said email Sonru. Emailed Sonru, they said couldn't find me on the system and I should tell RCSI to resend invitation. Emailed RCSI again, and now waiting for reply......Anyone else similar? Got invitation from RCSI and not Sonru?

I got the sonru link on the 18th of February and they assigned the deadline to the 7th of March. I completed my interview on the 4th of March
Original post by nikhilvasandani
I got the sonru link on the 18th of February and they assigned the deadline to the 7th of March. I completed my interview on the 4th of March

How long was the period between receiving invitation from RCSI and getting interview link from Sonru?
How long was the period between receiving invitation from RCSI and getting interview link from Sonru?

like 1 day
Does anyone know when RCSI gives out offers to international students who completed their interview via sonru?

could you please tell me what kind of questions did they ask you ? I have received the invitation two days ago :frown:(
Original post by desmondkhaw
Just received invitation for interview today :smile: maybe you will get yours soon

yeah I received it as well , good luck with your interview :smile:
Original post by Eva carter
could you please tell me what kind of questions did they ask you ? I have received the invitation two days ago :frown:(

I also received the invitation but only from RCSI not Sonru...it has been like 4 days now and still didn't get interview link from Sonru....did you get invitation from both RCSI and Sonru? I'm actually worried I won't be able to do my interview 'cuz of this........

According to RCSI's interview policy they highly discourage sharing interview questions with other candidates so I'm not able to tell you any questions that came.

I can tell you that the interview questions are all about you and your motivation to study medicine, there are no tricks, ethical questions or any questions which would require any critical thinking. It's solely structured around you and why you have chosen RCSI.

All in all, the interview process is not stressful at all, you get to do it at any time of the day and there is no interaction with anybody. Also, the questions you get will most probably be the same as everyone else's so they're quite generic. You don't have to prepare for the interview but I recommend thinking about the answer to "why do you want to study medicine?". This question is by far the most common and the most difficult to answer as this question is what distinguishes you and shows your ultimate motivation.

Also, make sure you time yourself during each answer (they'll give you around 1-3 minutes to answer depending on the question). My interview process took around 45 minutes so it wont be very lengthy.

(P.S They give you approximately 1-2 minutes to plan your response before answering the question, so you'll be fine)

Good luck, I hope this helped and hopefully you'll receive an offer to study medicine!
According to RCSI's interview policy they highly discourage sharing interview questions with other candidates so I'm not able to tell you any questions that came.

I can tell you that the interview questions are all about you and your motivation to study medicine, there are no tricks, ethical questions or any questions which would require any critical thinking. It's solely structured around you and why you have chosen RCSI.

All in all, the interview process is not stressful at all, you get to do it at any time of the day and there is no interaction with anybody. Also, the questions you get will most probably be the same as everyone else's so they're quite generic. You don't have to prepare for the interview but I recommend thinking about the answer to "why do you want to study medicine?". This question is by far the most common and the most difficult to answer as this question is what distinguishes you and shows your ultimate motivation.

Also, make sure you time yourself during each answer (they'll give you around 1-3 minutes to answer depending on the question). My interview process took around 45 minutes so it wont be very lengthy.

(P.S They give you approximately 1-2 minutes to plan your response before answering the question, so you'll be fine)

Good luck, I hope this helped and hopefully you'll receive an offer to study medicine!

thank you very much,it's helpful indeed,I hope you'll get the offer soon
I also received the invitation but only from RCSI not Sonru...it has been like 4 days now and still didn't get interview link from Sonru....did you get invitation from both RCSI and Sonru? I'm actually worried I won't be able to do my interview 'cuz of this........

yes, I got the invitation from both actually , why not you contact the RCSI and let them know ??
yes, I got the invitation from both actually , why not you contact the RCSI and let them know ??

I did email RCSI afterwards. Would you like to know the feedback I got from them?? They said direct your query to Sonru! I emailed Sonru and somehow they said I'm not on the system. Emailed RCSI again and didn't get any reply.
I know this is an RCSI thread, but has anyone applied to UCD, UCC or NUIG?
Original post by nataliek98

I applied to UCD and TCD too, but haven't heard back yet. You?
I applied to UCD and TCD too, but haven't heard back yet. You?

I havent heard back from any other than RCSI.
Reply 73

Yeah I applied to UCD and TCD as well. Still no response :frown:
I was reading the through the RCSI email I got for the interview and they mentioned that they would contact us after the interview regarding dates for review and outcome of interview. Did anyone receive this?
Reply 75
I was reading the through the RCSI email I got for the interview and they mentioned that they would contact us after the interview regarding dates for review and outcome of interview. Did anyone receive this?

Not really. After the interview all i got was an email from sonru saying that my interview was done and ready for RCSI to view it. Nothing else up to date. No news from RCSI. If you check the website they do mention that RCSI gives out international offers (not north america) on around April 8th.
Reply 76
I didn't but I emailed them on the 10th of March and they said that all applicants would be hearing of their status within the next 2/3 weeks. However, I haven't heard anything from them since then.
Reply 77
Oh nice, I'm from toronto 🙂

Haha some more Canadians thinking of going to Europe for Med School! I live in Waterloo now, but I grew up in the GTA. I also got a RCSI offer, as well as one from St. Andrew's and Birmingham.

Did you apply anywhere else?
Original post by Adeolu14
Haha some more Canadians thinking of going to Europe for Med School! I live in Waterloo now, but I grew up in the GTA. I also got a RCSI offer, as well as one from St. Andrew's and Birmingham.

Did you apply anywhere else?

UCD, NUIG, UCC, bristol, UEA, cardiff and keele, waiting for bristol and UEA post interview. Hello from Toronto! 😄
Reply 79
The same thing has happened to me. I received an email saying I was shortlisted for the interview but didn't get a sonru email. I only emailed RCSI yesterday (thought I would wait a bit to see if the sonru email was sent a little later). Still waiting for a reply...

Hopefully there has just been a mixup. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending