The Student Room Group

UNPOPULAR OPINION: Slut shaming can be justified

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Thanks for the tips..what exactly do you mean by "your own people" anyway...

If you are really interested in it: buy organic food, and take a zinc supplement. Supermarket food today contains 1/2 to 1/10th of the nutrients that it used to contain in the 1930s. The 1930s was about 50 years after the beginning of industrial agriculture, so it is not a high baseline.

Organic food, however, contains on average 75% more nutrients, and ranges from 50% more to 200% more nutrients.
It can because that sort of behaviour puts a lot of extra strain on the carrying capacity of the land. If we adopt Sharia Law and actually we can create a much more efficient and benevolent society. The English aren't really fit to run this country, if you got rid of all the foreigners we'd just be be drowning in a sea of illiterate alcoholic pastry faced single mothers and their offspring.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Er why? You seem to think it is ok to insult people based on their sex life. So I'm not really gonna care if people insult you for your illiberal attitudes. Don;t dish it out if you can't take it.

The last time I came across a thread stating a controversial opinion, people just their **** and insulted each other, it was promptly removed- by discouraging others and me to reduce the temptation to retaliate aggressively we'd be able to discuss it properly. That's why.
Original post by BrianMcEgg
If someone thinks it's acceptable to sleep with who ever the hell they want and/or show lack of self respect by posting obscene pictures of themselves then they deserved to be named and shamed. I don't care whether you're male or female, if you think it's acceptable to sleep with who you want you deserve to be slut shamed.

A) no I'm not saying you can't take obscene photos of yourself
B) no I'm not saying you can't sleep with people, but if you're sleeping with like 10 people then that's a bit excessive

This is a discussion so if you disagree, please say why and refrain from insulting me(or each other) because if we do this thread will go down more quickly than the titanic.

So then explain why it's bad? if you can? I don't see why it matters, if you don't like sex, doesn't others have to share your views, does it?
Original post by drowzee
Why do you care what people to do? To the point you think people should be "shamed". People's sex lives should not concern you. There is nothing wrong with two consenting adults having a lot of sex; why do you see this as a bad thing?

Because you think you're pretty, people have to immediately look up to you.
Reply 45
Original post by unamujercaliente
Because you think you're pretty, people have to immediately look up to you.

Real beauty lies on the inside.

Truly beautiful women are modest about their physical appearance and don't crave the attention of strangers, regardless of how they look. Indeed, the more attractive they are, the more they avoid the public gaze, for fear that it will corrupt them and ruin their ability to care about the attention of the only people who really matter to them: their husband and family.

Beautiful women, in my view, save themselves for marriage and true love.

Ugly women, in my view, act as she does. That beauty is, I believe, only skin deep.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 41b
Slutty women make terrible wives and are a perennial distraction.

Terrible wives result in broken homes, single parent households and the massive problems that result. Single parent households are universally proven to produce children with far higher rates of crime, suicide, depression, rape and theft.

Slutty women also distract men from the real business of society.

What is gained from women being in the workforce is generally replaceable by automation and there is little reason for women to work these days. If there must be money given for easy jobs then it must go to men, whose self-esteem and self-worth depends on their work.

The costs, especially the wasted costs (like men being fired of sexual harassment accusations), of women in the workforce are starting to outweigh the benefits and if men have any testosterone left they will, for economic reasons and for reasons of self-preservation, demand the undoing of the neoliberal "liberation" of women from their traditional responsibilities of motherhood and family.

Unfortunately testosterone levels have fallen a fair amount and in countries without adequate water processing systems, the flood of oestrogen (and other female-targeting drugs, like antidepressants) going into the water supply is likely causing a disruption of natural male behaviour.

What is gained from women being in the work force? Say that to the female nurses/doctors/teachers/politicians/entrepeneurs/scientists etc out there who have contributed so much to society. Most of them have probably achieved more than you ever will. If you're so concerned by sexual harassment costs, the real solution would be to prevent sexual harassment happening in the first place.To be honest, I think a child (particularly a daughter) would prove more depressed with you as a parent than a child with only one parent.
Reply 47
mariapops
who have contributed so much to society. Most of them have probably achieved more than you ever will.

lol
Original post by sleepyspider
Why is having sex with a lot of people a bad thing?

Numerous reasons but the main one is that bringing up children is about the most important thing you can do in life. Any builder will tell you that the foundations of a building are the most important part.

If you are two casual with the foundations you will end up eventually having unplanned babies.

You might also get some diseases that stop you having any babies.

You might also damage your education prospects if you are not studying hard enough.

The old GreeK story for boys - Jason and the Argonauts, was basically our ancestors telling boys that they should ignore ALL girls on the journey of life until they have found the "Golden Fleece" (got that job or exam or business deal). Why tie yourself down or get side tracked and ruin your dreams?
If someone thinks it's acceptable to sleep with who ever the hell they want and/or show lack of self respect by posting obscene pictures of themselves then they deserved to be named and shamed. I don't care whether you're male or female, if you think it's acceptable to sleep with who you want you deserve to be slut shamed.

B) no I'm not saying you can't sleep with people, but if you're sleeping with like 10 people then that's a bit excessive

This is a discussion so if you disagree, please say why and refrain from insulting me(or each other) because if we do this thread will go down more quickly than the titanic.

You haven't given any justification...

Posted from TSR Mobile
. In the past sex before marriage or having sex with someone who you were not in a committed relationship was taboo. Now we're forced into adopting the mindset that there's nothing wrong with having a one night stand or having sex with complete strangers. However I find this view very animalistic. In the past you grew an emotional bond with someone before th physical bond, now everything is about sex, Which could explain the growing amount of divorces. Also although we have more access to contraception and healthcare it seems as if not everyone takes full use of them. For example I live in a very rough working class area. Many of the women in my area are unmarried lone parents with children from multiple fathers. Many of these women are unemployed and are on benefits. When we see cases like this it makes me question whether we should be promoting this mindset.

I'm not seeing a single justification here. If it can be justified, provide that justification so we actually have something to debate.
Lol why are you all commenting on this it's an old thread
Original post by 41b
Real beauty lies on the inside.

Truly beautiful women are modest about their physical appearance and don't crave the attention of strangers, regardless of how they look. Indeed, the more attractive they are, the more they avoid the public gaze, for fear that it will corrupt them and ruin their ability to care about the attention of the only people who really matter to them: their husband and family.

Beautiful women, in my view, save themselves for marriage and true love.

Ugly women, in my view, act as she does. That beauty is, I believe, only skin deep.

I'm sorry but if I dress up and wear a crop top or something more 'revealing' then i don't do it for the attention. I do it because I want to wear that. I don't give a damn what others think. That doesn't mean I'm not "truly beautiful". Everyone is beautiful. I'm sorry I'm "ugly" because I have a mind for myself and I do things for myself.
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
. In the past sex before marriage or having sex with someone who you were not in a committed relationship was taboo. Now we're forced into adopting the mindset that there's nothing wrong with having a one night stand or having sex with complete strangers. However I find this view very animalistic. In the past you grew an emotional bond with someone before th physical bond, now everything is about sex, Which could explain the growing amount of divorces. Also although we have more access to contraception and healthcare it seems as if not everyone takes full use of them. For example I live in a very rough working class area. Many of the women in my area are unmarried lone parents with children from multiple fathers. Many of these women are unemployed and are on benefits. When we see cases like this it makes me question whether we should be promoting this mindset.

Divorce rates are not highering up?
Original post by loveleest
Divorce rates are not highering up?

My mistake not growing but are so high in places where sexual freedom is accepted. For example in the west more than half of all marriages end in divorce. Now I'm not saying that sexual freedom is the only factor that contributes to this but it is a big one.
Original post by minimarshmallow
I'm not seeing a single justification here. If it can be justified, provide that justification so we actually have something to debate.

Numerous reasons but the main one is that bringing up children is about the most important thing you can do in life. Any builder will tell you that the foundations of a building are the most important part.

If you are too casual with the foundations you will end up eventually having unplanned babies.

You might also get some diseases that stop you having any babies.

You might also damage your education prospects if you are not studying hard enough.

The old GreeK story for boys - Jason and the Argonauts, was basically our ancestors telling boys that they should ignore ALL girls on the journey of life until they have found the "Golden Fleece" (got that job or exam or business deal). Why tie yourself down or get side tracked and ruin your dreams?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
My mistake not growing but are so high in places where sexual freedom is accepted. For example in the west more than half of all marriages end in divorce. Now I'm not saying that sexual freedom is the only factor that contributes to this but it is a big one.

It has nothing to do with "sexual freedom"
It has more to do with the fact that there are more people avaliable and people in the west rely more on the individual needs than family needs.
I always find it so hilarious when people conpare divorce rates in the west in comparison to the east. People in the east do not have the chace to just divorce like that people as they are all about impressing family needs. Many eastern women stay in abusive relationships and do not divorce... because they can't. So how is that a good thing? Having a low divorce rate does not mean it's a good thing.
Original post by loveleest
It has nothing to do with "sexual freedom"
It has more to do with the fact that there are more people avaliable and people in the west rely more on the individual needs than family needs.
I always find it so hilarious when people conpare divorce rates in the west in comparison to the east. People in the east do not have the chace to just divorce like that people as they are all about impressing family needs. Many eastern women stay in abusive relationships and do not divorce... because they can't. So how is that a good thing? Having a low divorce rate does not mean it's a good thing.

I'm aware of this but as I said it's not the only factor but still a factor nevertheless. And having extremely high divorce rates is also not a good thing. My family is Asian and I know many family members have considered divorces but have decided to try and mend their marriages instead and this has resulted in it being even stronger than before. It's also kept the family together, their children didn't have to choose between their parents. In places with high divorce rates like the west, people are highly individualistic, only caring for their own needs, divorce is common in places like this. Once problems start to arise people decide to end the marriage instead of trying to salvage it. This is probably due to the fact the foundation of them was based of physical rather than emotional bonds in the first place.
Reply 59

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending