The Student Room Group

new student finance rules and housing benefit

does the new student loan mean the end of housing benefit as currently the student maintenance loan is £5995 and the government class this as income to access housing benefit now you can get up to £80000 plus that means they will say income again and reduce any housing benefit even more so there will be alot of students who cant go to university as the government saying this LOAN is income and therefore reduces any housing benefit ? ive tried asking local council i saidd as you class the student maintenance loan of 5995 as income when the grants get scrapped and loan upped up by 3000 will that also be classes as income and housing benefit reduced even more but no one could answer his? all I want to know is are they going say to all new students you earning 8000 plus so no help with council tax a the cap is 350 ?
Original post by caltay
does the new student loan mean the end of housing benefit as currently the student maintenance loan is £5995 and the government class this as income to access housing benefit now you can get up to £80000 plus that means they will say income again and reduce any housing benefit even more so there will be alot of students who cant go to university as the government saying this LOAN is income and therefore reduces any housing benefit ? ive tried asking local council i saidd as you class the student maintenance loan of 5995 as income when the grants get scrapped and loan upped up by 3000 will that also be classes as income and housing benefit reduced even more but no one could answer his? all I want to know is are they going say to all new students you earning 8000 plus so no help with council tax a the cap is 350 ?

If you live in wales the grants still exists and being a full time student automatically makes you exempt from council tax

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending