The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Accommodation (Insurance choice)

I'm currently deciding whether to put Cardiff as my firm or insurance as I love it there, but I also love Bath (however the grades at Bath are probably slightly out of my reach).

I'd still like to try and get into Bath, but if I put Cardiff as my insurance how likely is it that I'll still be able to get good accommodation? I'm desperate for an ensuite and really like Talybont but I'm worried all of these places will be taken by people who firm Cardiff.

As I'm quite likely to get into Cardiff, I'm wondering whether it'll be easier to put Cardiff first and therefore have my accommodation all sorted etc.

Can anyone help? Thank you!!
Original post by psychemma
I'm currently deciding whether to put Cardiff as my firm or insurance as I love it there, but I also love Bath (however the grades at Bath are probably slightly out of my reach).

I'd still like to try and get into Bath, but if I put Cardiff as my insurance how likely is it that I'll still be able to get good accommodation? I'm desperate for an ensuite and really like Talybont but I'm worried all of these places will be taken by people who firm Cardiff.

As I'm quite likely to get into Cardiff, I'm wondering whether it'll be easier to put Cardiff first and therefore have my accommodation all sorted etc.

Can anyone help? Thank you!!

It is first come first served for accommodation so you'll be less likely to get what you want if you end up at your insurance...I guess it depends how likely you think you are to get into Bath. Also if you missed the grade slightly then Bath might still accept you, so Cardiff being your insurance wouldn't matter.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Daniellecorni5h
It is first come first served for accommodation so you'll be less likely to get what you want if you end up at your insurance...I guess it depends how likely you think you are to get into Bath. Also if you missed the grade slightly then Bath might still accept you, so Cardiff being your insurance wouldn't matter.

Cardiff accommodation is first come first served?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending