chidori
What are your specs?

1.4ghz celeron
256mb
Reply 3
Fly By
1.4ghz celeron
256mb

Well, the Celeron should handle it but it depends on how many leagues you have running at the same time.

Also, what type of RAM is that?
Reply 4
chidori
Well, the Celeron should handle it but it depends on how many leagues you have running at the same time.

Also, what type of RAM is that?

umm i dunno what type it is, but is there anyway to make it run faster without upgrading hardware?
Reply 5
Fly By
umm i dunno what type it is, but is there anyway to make it run faster without upgrading hardware?

You could try and uninstall any crap you don't use anymore. Run defrag and scandisk. How many leagues do you have running in your game? Are you using Windows XP btw?
Reply 6
Tried turning the graphics settings down? It might help a bit.
Reply 7
chidori
You could try and uninstall any crap you don't use anymore. Run defrag and scandisk. How many leagues do you have running in your game? Are you using Windows XP btw?

i think i'm running 3 leagues, yeah i'm using xp
Reply 8
Nylex
Tried turning the graphics settings down? It might help a bit.

not much graphics in cm... if you are experienced with windows... you can tweak the registry and msconfig so that minimal stuff loads with windows (trust me a lot of sh*t loads up...)... i suspect that will give a slight improvement, which is what ur looking for... if you want a larger improvement... ditch the celeron... they are not very good at much... (well they might be good as a paper weight :biggrin:)...
Reply 9
Ermmm you could try.....

1) Lose the celeron (if you can).
2) Turn down the size of the database in the game to "minimal"/"small" or whatever it is.
3) Try and get your hands on a graphic processing optimiser for your card (not availiable many but the good ones have them kicking about). Shouldn't really have a huge impact of cm though.
4) It uses a lot of read-ahead on the sound I thnk so if you change that to SMART are turn it off completely it should help.
5) Ensure that you have the minimum other applications necessary running when (including all the crap on startup).
Reply 10
Also, if you haven't yet done so, update your graphics card drivers. You do have an AGP graphics card right? Because I have seen too many times where the naive walk into PC World, see a 2.8Ghz Celeron or something for £699 and realises it runs crap, as well as having integrated Intel graphics.
Reply 11
Make sure you have DirectX 9.0b as well. Slow loading is usually to do with your hard drive ... I'm guessing it might not be a 7,200 rpm one. You could be running out of free space on it as well, try defragmenting and unistalling old programs.

If you've got intergrated graphics (*Shudder*), there's maybe not much you can do, except get a new card. ATI are looking good at the moment IMO, with the X800 being the fastest chipset on the market - at just under £300 for a standard model too :smile:
Reply 12
Chase it with a whip. If that doesn't work, tie a fishing rod to its back, with a carrot on the end of the line - it likes carrots. Still no luck, and you'll need steroids.

Sorry, I had to.
Reply 13
calumc
Chase it with a whip. If that doesn't work, tie a fishing rod to its back, with a carrot on the end of the line - it likes carrots. Still no luck, and you'll need steroids.

Sorry, I had to.

lol
Reply 14
thanks for the tips people but dont think i can get it any faster. my specs are the fastest possible on me comp. oh well....
Reply 15
Fly By
i think i'm running 3 leagues, yeah i'm using xp

3 leagues will be the reason - it'd be slow on most machines.
Reply 16
ben3085
3 leagues will be the reason - it'd be slow on most machines.

oh right, do you know how i can remove the other 2 leagues or do i have to start again?

and also, how do i get rid of the old data, coz i've been playin for about 7 seasons now...that might slow things down also.
Reply 17
Fly By
oh right, do you know how i can remove the other 2 leagues or do i have to start again?

and also, how do i get rid of the old data, coz i've been playin for about 7 seasons now...that might slow things down also.

why dont you start a new game? :smile:
Reply 18
Fly By

check your settings.

common sense.

Latest

Trending

Trending