The Student Room Group

Declare all modules?

I am currently sitting my AS levels, including Maths and Further Maths.

However in total this year, I am actually sitting 9 modules of Maths, so technically I will have a full maths A-level.

Unfortunately I have (probably) failed the M3 module and am wondering if I will need to declare my grade, or if i actually need to declare the 3 extra modules atall?

If I am required to state all my modules and accidentally do not put one on, are there any consequences? Do universities confirm each module individually, or would they be interested in my A-level as a whole?
I am looking to apply to oxbridge incase that makes a difference.

Thanks for your help.
Reply 1
This isn't certain... So i wouldn't take my word, but i believe for Oxbridge you need to state your modules and your module marks for each one.

There has also been rumours that this is now true for everyone, but again not certain.
Reply 2
:frown:

Thanks.
Just to clarify, it's module grades for unis in general and module marks for Cambridge, but I don't think Oxford ask for them, at least they didn't last year. Do you get an A-level in maths and an AS level in further maths at the end of this year? If so, you'll have to declare all your module grades/marks, but if the extra 3 modules aren't being cashed in for a qualification yet, I don't think you have to put them down, if that makes sense. But even for Oxbridge, I don't think one bad module would matter that much if the others were strong and your overall grade was an A, especially since not many people take 9 modules of maths in Year 12!
Reply 4
My school doesn't actually certificate any of the AS levels this year, and instead does the whole A-level next year.

So how exactly would Oxbridge actually know of my grades, because if I'm correct, doesn't UCAS put "pending" as the status for uncertificated qualifications?
pushy11
My school doesn't actually certificate any of the AS levels this year, and instead does the whole A-level next year.

So how exactly would Oxbridge actually know of my grades, because if I'm correct, doesn't UCAS put "pending" as the status for uncertificated qualifications?

My school did the same thing, so all your A-levels and AS levels will just go on your UCAS form as 'pending' and no unis will see your overall grades or module grades, but if you apply to Cambridge, the way they get around it is by only asking for your UMS marks and your total mark so far in each subject, which you have regardless of whether your grades are cashed in or not, so you still have to put them down. I don't think Oxford do this though, or at least they haven't in the past.
Reply 6
You have to fill in a Cambridge application form which will ask for all your module grades and UMS scores in all exams you have taken so far (even if you've retaken them). I'm not sure about Oxford, it'll probably ask for the module grade, just not the UMS, but if you do not put down your module grade and they find out you hid it to appear better, you could jeopardise your place if they give you an offer. They will also want to know when you took each module, so they will know you've taken them this year.
I'm resitting 2 modules from the Jan exams so do I have to declare that I resat and what I had before I resat? Or do I just tell them my new module grades?
Reply 8
For Cambridge (and i presume Oxford, but someone can correct me if its not the case) you have to declare the grades you had before as well. You have to declare the module grade you received in every sitting of the exam.

For any other universities, they just use the UCAS form and you only put the latest module grade - not what you had before.

Latest

Trending

Trending