The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Visiting Nottingham Trent - places to explore/things to do?

Hi All

My girlfriend and I are coming to an applicant day this weekend at Nottingham Trent. We live quite far away so are thinking of staying in Nottingham for the weekend and making a trip of it.

Therefore, I was wondering if anyone could help with any recommendations for places to visit/things to do and any advise on the best places to go in the evenings? We would like to get a feel for the town and also sample the student scene.

Any recommendations/help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks
The kitty cafe! (If you like cats of course :biggrin:) you have to book at least a day in advance but the food is actually really good and pretty cheap
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Shadow20169
Hi All

My girlfriend and I are coming to an applicant day this weekend at Nottingham Trent. We live quite far away so are thinking of staying in Nottingham for the weekend and making a trip of it.

Therefore, I was wondering if anyone could help with any recommendations for places to visit/things to do and any advise on the best places to go in the evenings? We would like to get a feel for the town and also sample the student scene.

Any recommendations/help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Hi Shadow20169,

There is lots of things to get up to in Nottingham! I don't know whether you are planning on having big nights out, or just go to a bar/restaurant for a couple of drinks but I will recommend a few of each. There is also plenty of things to do in the day time as well (although I understand that you might be busy at the applicant day)!

Restaurants

Spoiler

Bars

Spoiler

Clubs

Spoiler

Day Activities

Spoiler

I hope you have found this helpful, when looking for places to visit in Notts. If you have any questions, places you have heard about that you want my opinion on, just let me know! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply 3
Thank you so much for the replies! It's really helpful. Definitely going to check a few of these places out :biggrin:

My girlfriend wanted to get a feel for the shops/town, looking into the area it looks like there is quite a lot of places/centres! Any advice on which are the best places to check out? Most places seem to mention intu Victoria Centre.

Also I was wondering if you knew what time the club side of Rock City opened on a saturday, as I know they have a gig on until 10:30 and cant see it on their website!

Thanks
Original post by Shadow20169
Thank you so much for the replies! It's really helpful. Definitely going to check a few of these places out :biggrin:

My girlfriend wanted to get a feel for the shops/town, looking into the area it looks like there is quite a lot of places/centres! Any advice on which are the best places to check out? Most places seem to mention intu Victoria Centre.

Also I was wondering if you knew what time the club side of Rock City opened on a saturday, as I know they have a gig on until 10:30 and cant see it on their website!

Thanks

Hi Shadow20169,

The intu Victoria Centre has recently been renovated, and it looks really nice inside now! It's got a Topshop, River island, Boots, John Lewis and Dorothy Perkins as well as lots of restaurants in there as well. So I would definitely recommend a visit there!

Also, if you exit the Victoria Centre via lower parliament street and then cross the road and go down Clumber street (maybe google map it so you can see what I mean) it has a lot of shops down there including a Lush, Superdrug, Zara, and a New Look and a Primark.

There is also a 'shopping high street' near to the Broadmarsh centre (I have just google mapped it and the street is called Lister Gate) and that street again has lots of shops, such as W H Smith, H&M, New Look and many more.

So there are quite a few places you can shop at in Nottingham!

Hmmm, good question! I just checked their Facebook page (which is Hey, Hey, Hey if you want to have a look) and they said that their club night starts at 10.00 pm. When I have arrived in the past, I have got there around 11ish and they were letting people in. So I would aim to get there around that time? They currently have a deal where entry is only a £1 (It's usually a fiver) but you have to be in the queue for 11. I have no idea if that deal will be still going when you arrive.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply 5
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Shadow20169,

There is lots of things to get up to in Nottingham! I don't know whether you are planning on having big nights out, or just go to a bar/restaurant for a couple of drinks but I will recommend a few of each. There is also plenty of things to do in the day time as well (although I understand that you might be busy at the applicant day)!

Restaurants

Spoiler

Bars

Spoiler

Clubs

Spoiler

Day Activities

Spoiler

I hope you have found this helpful, when looking for places to visit in Notts. If you have any questions, places you have heard about that you want my opinion on, just let me know! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen

sorry for the late reply haha i work at planet bounce wooo!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending