The Student Room Group
Original post by davidguettafan
With an orange background it always says "connecting" like my messenger is playing up. Anyone else get this or is it just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

On you phone?
I get it with no signal. Have you made sure you have wifi/3g or whatever? Or rebooted your phone?

Last resort is to reinstall IMO
Original post by Neostigmine
On you phone?
I get it with no signal. Have you made sure you have wifi/3g or whatever? Or rebooted your phone?

Last resort is to reinstall IMO

Yeah I get a full wifi signal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you just tried re-installing it, or just logging out then back in?
Hiya OP,

Me again :colondollar: just gone ahead and moved your thread over to Mobile Phones.

I would say are you sure that your Wi-Fi connection is actually allowing access to the Internet? It's all well and good that you get a connection, but is the connection completely established and not limited? You could check this by going to your router page. Who's your ISP? I imagine this is a Wi-Fi only problem?

If everything fails, give your ISP a call or flush your DNS? You could also renew your lease for your network? This would assign you with a new internal IP (and other little bits) address :yep: to do this, Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Click the information button next to your network -> Renew lease.

Let me know if this works. :yep:
(edited 8 years ago)
Same problem here..FB messenger just keep connecting status after I switched from wifi to SIM data..Al other apps is working well with the internet even Facebook is working except the messenger app. It only works after rebooting.