The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

We DO NOT NEED to eat MEAT

[video="youtube;U5hGQDLprA8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8[/video]

Take an hour of your time to watch this please.
Gary Yourofsky is brilliant and this will change the way you think.
We dont. Need to eat. MEAT.

Scroll to see replies

don't eat meat then?
OKAY!!!!!

WHY USE CAPITAL LETTERS THOUGH?

*I've seen that video before, plus other vegan/ veggie videos, articles, books, and I'm still not persuaded - I also simply like meat too much*
There's a lot of stuff people don't need to do. That doesn't mean they'll stop doing it.
Original post by CantGainWeight
don't eat meat then?

No, i dont.
I certainly want to.
I'm a vegan but I disagree with any condescension of meat eaters or conversion tactics.

There are a lot of things we don't NEED to do, but consumer culture and society are at this point and the meat industry is a standard feature of rich economies.
Original post by RickmanAlways
No, i dont.

Well done.

Keep it to yourself.
Reply 8
He's wearing Jesus sandals. Therefore what he has to say is worthless to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You don't need to inform that we don't need to eat meat. You may not need meat but I need meat to feel complete. Need I explain anymore?
Original post by AlwaysWatching
OKAY!!!!!

WHY USE CAPITAL LETTERS THOUGH?

*I've seen that video before, plus other vegan/ veggie videos, articles, books, and I'm still not persuaded - I also simply like meat too much*

It got your attention didn't it?
You prefer taste over killing animals (dont forget your an animal too) who may not be able to do complicated mathematical sums but are smart enough to know that they are gonna be slaughtered and they try to run but they cant they call for help but there is none, baby cows are torn away from their mothers so we can drink the milk instead. Imagine if the roles were reversed! The whole world would be screaming THIS IS WRONG! because simply it is.
Original post by Ethereal World
I'm a vegan but I disagree with any condescension of meat eaters or conversion tactics.

There are a lot of things we don't NEED to do, but consumer culture and society are at this point and the meat industry is a standard feature of rich economies.

I am not trying to 'convert' i am putting the truth out there.
Reply 12
Original post by thad33
He's wearing Jesus sandals. Therefore what he has to say is worthless to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jesus was against veganism.
An hour!!?? I won't even drive for more than half an hour for sex, you're being ****ing optimistic :rofl:
Oh and one more thing, if vegans love animals so much, why do they eat all their food? Banter
You prefer taste over killing animals (dont forget your an animal too) who may not be able to do complicated mathematical sums but are smart enough to know that they are gonna be slaughtered and they try to run but they cant they call for help but there is none, baby cows are torn away from their mothers so we can drink the milk instead. Imagine if the roles were reversed! The whole world would be screaming THIS IS WRONG! because simply it is.

Getting one's attention isn't the same as persuasion. People already know that we don't technically need to eat meat (veggies haven't dropped dead), however, you haven't persuaded us as to why we shouldn't.

It's no good grabbing attention if you cannot persuade the audience you are appealing to.
I am not trying to 'convert' i am putting the truth out there.

I get that but it has to be done differently. The thread title alone is gonna create a situation whereby meat eaters come in and just say mmmm bacon :perv:

Humans know we don't need a lot of things but we still do them because we like to do things. We don't NEED alcohol...etc.

The way I would do it (though I don't bang on about being a vegan) is just say put a thread up... put 5 reasons why I'm vegan. and then just explain why it is your choice- it's a much better way to educate people than telling them what they are doing is inherently wrong.
You stop eating meat, dont force others into it.
No offense, but so what? People don't need to eat meat but at the end of the day people chose to anyway. There are plenty of things no one needs to do with their lives but is that somehow a reason why they shouldn't do it?

I don't need to eat animal products but I like eating it anyway. Its my choice to place chicken in my mouth and eat it. You don't need to eat a pure no meat diet but its a choice anyway, right?
(edited 8 years ago)

Yes, it did.

It also let us know you don't have anything else more persuasive to tell us and that we could therefore ignore you.

Which I'll happily do by munching on a bacon sandwich. Cheers.

Latest

Trending

Trending