The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Literature - June 2016 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

I'm studying OMAM, AIC and the relationships cluster.
For revision I'm watching Mr Bruff and Mr Salles and just making notes.
Also, I think AIC will be on Gerald or Sheila. For OMAM I think it will be Curley or Candy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing OMAM, AIC and the conflict cluster.. My teacher assumes that AIC will be on Mrs birling?
im doing inspector calls, of mice and men and conflict poetry

i am so so nervous :frown:
Original post by meganbriers
im doing inspector calls, of mice and men and conflict poetry

i am so so nervous :frown:

I'm the exact same. Any predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JoshuaE
✱GCSE English Literature 2016 - Unit 1 and 2✱

Hey! The purpose of this thread is to be a directory for all things AQA English Lit. General discussion, revision help and the elusive predictions are all welcome.
Dates:

23rd May 2016 - Unit 1 (Exploring modern texts)

27th May 2016 - Unit 2 (Poetry across time) OR Unit 4

Resources

BBC Bitesize - English Literature (For those who don't do the OMAM and AIC)

An Inspector calls - the entire play (A particularly more contemporary version was released last year but is only available through purchase)

GCSE Pod (School subscription required)

*If you find any useful resources message me and I'll put them in*

To help introduce yourself fill the form below:

What novel, play and poetry cluster are you studying?

How are you preparing for the exam - do you feel confident for it?

Do you have any predictions for certain characters/themes?

I am doing OMAM, Kindertransport and the Relationships cluster. I revise but I feel when I put my ideas to paper, I can't state them clearly or creatively enough so I am stuck at a B :frown:
Hi guys :smile: I am doing the Crucible and OMAM for the Modern Texts part... Does anyone have any predictions for The Crucible? Also, I am kinda worried about whether Carlson will come up for OMAM (I REALLY hope not :frown:). If he does, what would you guys say about him? Thanks xx
Original post by JackWillow00
For 'Of Mice and Men' maybe the American dream will come up as we're the last year studying this book, why Carlson shot candy's dog or something to do with slim
For An Inspector Calls I think it will be how Sheila and Eric change as the play progresses or something along those lines
For the Relationships cluster I think it will be 'in paris with you' or 'to his coy mistress'

Yep, the american dream would be a great conclusion to the book :smile:
Original post by Pepsi Cola :)
Hi guys :smile: I am doing the Crucible and OMAM for the Modern Texts part... Does anyone have any predictions for The Crucible? Also, I am kinda worried about whether Carlson will come up for OMAM (I REALLY hope not :frown:). If he does, what would you guys say about him? Thanks xx

90% sure it won't be Parris because he was the character question for last year.

My teacher thinks it could be Rebecca Nurse or something to do with Proctor's relationships; Proctor and Abigail or Proctor and Elizabeth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bloopbang
90% sure it won't be Parris because he was the character question for last year.

My teacher thinks it could be Rebecca Nurse or something to do with Proctor's relationships; Proctor and Abigail or Proctor and Elizabeth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you 😊 I thought that Proctor and Elizabeth's relationship has already come up as a question? And I think a couple of years Proctor as an individual came up, so I don't know 😕 But tbh the exam boards can be pretty unpredictable so I suppose it could be anything!! 😬 Thanks again xx Also how are u revising for it??
I'm betting The Of Mice And Men questions will be on Carlson - just to piss everyone off and make our lives so much harder !!
Original post by Pepsi Cola :)
Thank you 😊 I thought that Proctor and Elizabeth's relationship has already come up as a question? And I think a couple of years Proctor as an individual came up, so I don't know 😕 But tbh the exam boards can be pretty unpredictable so I suppose it could be anything!! 😬 Thanks again xx Also how are u revising for it??

Yeah I think so too but I think she just mentioned it as a possibility or something linked to their relationship idk.

You're welcome😊😊

At the moment i am rereading it but slowly because I'm choosing quotes for each character and then thinking about how I would analyse it but believe me it's really time consuming, I'm almost finished though.

I think I'm going to do the same for the themes, but that won't be as long...I hope😳😅

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Britster.for
I'm betting The Of Mice And Men questions will be on Carlson - just to piss everyone off and make our lives so much harder !!

I forgot he even existed
Original post by Lawliet-L
Novel: Of Mice and Men
Play: Kindertransport
Poetry cluster: Relationships

Hi L i am studying the same things for english literature
Original post by Britster.for

If it is a character then it wont e too bad but carlson is fine!!!i hate having a setting....plus i dont think he is going to come up maybe something like hierarchy/status/working man and the fight scene because it is a vital scene in the play that has not come up yet
Original post by KomradeKorbyn
I forgot he even existed

Exactally !! :colone:
Im studying OMAM , AIC and the relationship poetry cluster
For OMAM I would love it to be Crooks or Curleys wife however that is very unlikely, so instead im predicting Candy and his dog will be the question as their relationship as dumb as it sounds links to many of the novels themes!!!!
For AIC I have no idea as the whole book just completely confuses me however if the character is Eva Smith again or Mrs Birling than wish me look , im hoping it will be The Inspector or the development of Sheila and Eric
Poetry - I have no idea whatso ever however ive heard it could be Sister Maude which is my favourite poem so fingers crossed!!! :smile:

If you have any other predictions let me know!! Also could someone please let me know what the questions where for OMAM , AIC and Poetry for 2015 for revision purposes???
Sister maude came up in the 2015 paper tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tinyshadow0
Im studying OMAM , AIC and the relationship poetry cluster
For OMAM I would love it to be Crooks or Curleys wife however that is very unlikely, so instead im predicting Candy and his dog will be the question as their relationship as dumb as it sounds links to many of the novels themes!!!!
For AIC I have no idea as the whole book just completely confuses me however if the character is Eva Smith again or Mrs Birling than wish me look , im hoping it will be The Inspector or the development of Sheila and Eric
Poetry - I have no idea whatso ever however ive heard it could be Sister Maude which is my favourite poem so fingers crossed!!! :smile:

If you have any other predictions let me know!! Also could someone please let me know what the questions where for OMAM , AIC and Poetry for 2015 for revision purposes???

What themes does his relationship with the dog link in to? Gonna revise OMAM tomorrow :smile:
AIC is my favourite because I like the play... I'm assuming it'll be the inspector, Gerald or Sybil

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
What do you think will come up for the conflict poetry cluster, I had the 2015 question for my mock it was about how is fear presented in Bayonet Charge and one other poem (I chose Out of the Blue and got an A*). What poem do you think will come up this year and any idea what the question may be about??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending