The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Literature - June 2016 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Also am bricking the unseen poem, any tips on how to revise- suggestions much appreciated!
Original post by typicalstudent1
What themes does his relationship with the dog link in to? Gonna revise OMAM tomorrow :smile:
AIC is my favourite because I like the play... I'm assuming it'll be the inspector, Gerald or Sybil
Posted from TSR Mobile

Underdog, Oppression and Survival of the fittest
Original post by ac1999
What do you think will come up for the conflict poetry cluster, I had the 2015 question for my mock it was about how is fear presented in Bayonet Charge and one other poem (I chose Out of the Blue and got an A*). What poem do you think will come up this year and any idea what the question may be about??

What was the other option except bayonet charge? Coz I don't think neither of them 2 r going to come up.
It is high likely to get two out of futility, the falling leaves, flag, the right word, belfast confetti and poppies depending on the 2nd option in 2015.
(edited 7 years ago)
How do you revise for Kindertransport because there are hardly any resources online?
Original post by Lawliet-L
Novel: Of Mice and Men
Play: Kindertransport
Poetry cluster: Relationships
Original post by Tiara006
How do you revise for Kindertransport because there are hardly any resources online?

I honestly haven't started revising for it, just finished reading the play. But I'm going to write down key quotes for each character and make mind maps on the themes, hopefully this works. :colondollar:
Original post by JackWillow00
For 'Of Mice and Men' maybe the American dream will come up as we're the last year studying this book, why Carlson shot candy's dog or something to do with slim
For An Inspector Calls I think it will be how Sheila and Eric change as the play progresses or something along those lines
For the Relationships cluster I think it will be 'in paris with you' or 'to his coy mistress'

agreed sounds as if that'll happen
for AIC i think it will be Sheila or Gerald. I hope it's Sheila. Also Mr B definitely won't come up but I'm revising him anyway. For themes Age/youth might come up.
OMAM: Candy probably (linking him to age and disability) I don't know if Curley came up in 2015?
No idea what it will be for conflict poetry, i'm hoping next to of course god america i or the charge of the light brigade
Original post by Britster.for
I'm betting The Of Mice And Men questions will be on Carlson - just to piss everyone off and make our lives so much harder !!

knowing the examiners probably. i wouldn't be surprised. so yeah i think it'll be carlson or candy
Original post by EssiE34
I'm doing inspector calls,to kill a mockingbird abd the conflict poetry cluster.Not really feeling confident in any of it:frown:.im not sure whats going to come up as anything is possibe but for inspector calls,i dont think they are going to ask about Mrs Birling or Gerald but any of the other characters could come up so im just going to revise everything (if possibe).For the poetryand for to kill a mockingbird,i havent got a clue

just wondering but why don't you think it'll be gerald? He hasn't come up in ages
Anyone doing unit 4 instead of unit 2??
I did my English Lit GCSE 2 years ago, so I'm here to answer any questions you guys might have and to keep you sane on your path to exams! :h:

This will be the last year of the spec I did :emo:
Doing of mice and men and an inspector calls and for the poetry i am doing the character and voice cluster
Original post by Gingerbread101
I did my English Lit GCSE 2 years ago, so I'm here to answer any questions you guys might have and to keep you sane on your path to exams! :h:

This will be the last year of the spec I did :emo:

hey! Which texts did you study?
Original post by Ella_08
hey! Which texts did you study?

I did Of Mice and Men and Touching the Void, and the Relationships cluster for poetry :yep:
I did Of Mice and Men and Touching the Void, and the Relationships cluster for poetry :yep:

we have OMAM in common.:h: i'm currently doing mindmaps for it. It's sooOoO stressful
Original post by Ella_08
we have OMAM in common.:h: i'm currently doing mindmaps for it. It's sooOoO stressful

Have you seen the master post on all things OMAM? :smile: are there any particular characters or themes you're struggling with?
Have you seen the master post on all things OMAM? :smile: are there any particular characters or themes you're struggling with?

I saw that a few days ago and completely forgot about it, tysm [;
I predict candy will come up this yr in relation to the American dream/ loneliness.
So yeah i'm struggling with him and just knowing how to plan it. For inspector calls I know exactly how to plan it but for this it's jumbled up :/

Carlson. I find it hard to even remember who he is, god knows what I'll do if the exam question is on him.
Original post by Ella_08
I saw that a few days ago and completely forgot about it, tysm [;
I predict candy will come up this yr in relation to the American dream/ loneliness.
So yeah i'm struggling with him and just knowing how to plan it. For inspector calls I know exactly how to plan it but for this it's jumbled up :/

Candy is a complicated one really :yes: have you been through the novel and collected a list of key quotes for him?
Original post by KomradeKorbyn
Carlson. I find it hard to even remember who he is, god knows what I'll do if the exam question is on him.

I remember I had a last minute worry on the last day of term when I did it about Curley, because we'd never planned anything in lesson on him. Carlson is a pretty insignificant character and doesn't really link to a certain context, so if he was in any question, he'd be in the extract question so you wouldn't need to remember who he is :nah: I wouldn't worry too much about him
Candy is a complicated one really :yes: have you been through the novel and collected a list of key quotes for him?

I remember I had a last minute worry on the last day of term when I did it about Curley, because we'd never planned anything in lesson on him. Carlson is a pretty insignificant character and doesn't really link to a certain context, so if he was in any question, he'd be in the extract question so you wouldn't need to remember who he is :nah: I wouldn't worry too much about him

Sort of. My main bullet points are:
- no respect/status > no one supports candy's view that his dog should stay alive
- killing of Curley's Wife kills candy's dream
- lonely/ isolated/ helpless > only companion is his dog
- evokes audience's sympathy

And yeah that's so true about the extract thing, they only ask you about language techniques so you can just come up with something really pretentious

Quick Reply

Latest