The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Literature - June 2016 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

:smile: Revision wise I'm just making lots of notes on all the characters and themes and the context of McCarthyism ect.
I also have the York Notes revision guide which I am finding to be very helpful, so I would recommend getting one of those, it was only £2 or so on Amazon :colondollar:
Good luck with your revision! Xxxx
Original post by Britster.for
I'm betting The Of Mice And Men questions will be on Carlson - just to piss everyone off and make our lives so much harder !!

Their is so much you can actually say, via that scene with the Dog though :smile: Do you think its hard to get 100UMS on the unit 1 exam?
Original post by Lucofthewoods
I need help analysing the dog shooting scene

"The Dog" represents an sense of security for Candy, an companion in the predatory world. Yet when it live is taken, it conveys how callous and shallow the society is.
Original post by coreHelp
What was the other option except bayonet charge? Coz I don't think neither of them 2 r going to come up.
It is high likely to get two out of futility, the falling leaves, flag, the right word, belfast confetti and poppies depending on the 2nd option in 2015.

Most likely Belfast Confetti and Futility.
Original post by Gingerbread101
I did my English Lit GCSE 2 years ago, so I'm here to answer any questions you guys might have and to keep you sane on your path to exams! :h:

This will be the last year of the spec I did :emo:

What grade did you obtain in your qualification? If you don't mind me asking you.
Original post by Oblivion99
What grade did you obtain in your qualification? If you don't mind me asking you.

A* :smile: full marks on my controlled assessment folder then the exam pulled me *just* off full UMS, so close yet so far :emo: all of the grades I got are on my profile :smile:
Reply 86
Hey All, I'm doing OMAM and AIC and the relationships cluster. Quite a lot of predictions of 'To his coy mistress' for poetry, I hope it does come up as weirdly enough it's one of my best poems to compare.
I was wondering if anyone has any tips for the OMAM section of the paper, I know the examiner asks us to answer question a then b or question a and b, does anyone know if it's okay to answer both questions together as a full essay? I feel I can do it better that way considering we only have 45 minutes. Also any general tips I would appreciate.
Original post by _Hafsa
Hey All, I'm doing OMAM and AIC and the relationships cluster. Quite a lot of predictions of 'To his coy mistress' for poetry, I hope it does come up as weirdly enough it's one of my best poems to compare.
I was wondering if anyone has any tips for the OMAM section of the paper, I know the examiner asks us to answer question a then b or question a and b, does anyone know if it's okay to answer both questions together as a full essay? I feel I can do it better that way considering we only have 45 minutes. Also any general tips I would appreciate.

To His Coy Mistress is a good poem for analysis :yes:

Don't answer the two questions together - they are marked differently and ask for different things :smile: they have given you enough time for the type of detail and essay they want
Reply 88
Original post by Gingerbread101
To His Coy Mistress is a good poem for analysis :yes:

Don't answer the two questions together - they are marked differently and ask for different things :smile: they have given you enough time for the type of detail and essay they want

They are actually marked both together out of 36, although one is for themes and ideas and the other context, they use the same mark scheme, I was just thinking it would be fine to merge them together.
But thanks for the advice :redface:
Original post by _Hafsa
They are actually marked both together out of 36, although one is for themes and ideas and the other context, they use the same mark scheme, I was just thinking it would be fine to merge them together.
But thanks for the advice :redface:

The safest thing to do is generally exactly what the paper asks you to do - it's the easiest way to hit all of the things they want, otherwise they would just get everyone to write them combined :smile:
Original post by Oblivion99
Most likely Belfast Confetti and Futility.

I hope not.
Reply 91
Original post by coreHelp
I hope not.

Futility is the one poem I struggle to fully understand. If an AQA examiner is monitoring this thread then heyy lets be friends :innocent:
Original post by JoshuaE
Futility is the one poem I struggle to fully understand. If an AQA examiner is monitoring this thread then heyy lets be friends :innocent:

Its honestly, one of the easier in my opinion but hey everyones different. If you PM, ill give you my note which will hopefully, assuring, help you :smile:
Original post by emmak10
I've done these revision things for Inspector Calls and Of Mice and Men if anyone wants to use them. I'll post them in groups as its only letting me post a certain amount at a time. Good luck all!

Some of this is copy and paste BTW
Original post by emmak10
I've done these revision things for Inspector Calls and Of Mice and Men if anyone wants to use them. I'll post them in groups as its only letting me post a certain amount at a time. Good luck all!

OMAM Themes 2/2
I'm just posting these because I found that when I was trying to do research there was very little like detailed things on the themes/characters, especially on Inspector Calls so. Hope these can help someone
Original post by emmak10
OMAM Themes 2/2
I'm just posting these because I found that when I was trying to do research there was very little like detailed things on the themes/characters, especially on Inspector Calls so. Hope these can help someone

You deserve a knighthood / damehood thanks so much!
Original post by JoshuaE

I hear you! Same for me tbh but I'm getting the hang of it by searching it like mad on the Internet :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest