The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Alexa08
What did people get for that question asking about a mole of [some substance- forgotten which one] produces x amount of Hydrogen? [or something]
It was in the written half of the paper.

What did people write down for a definition of essential amino acid? :s-smilie:

Did people find it easy/hard? And does anyone know if there are any answers on the net at all?

The moles of hydrogen, I'm sure thats 3?!
Reply 41
In the first equation there were 3 moles, then in the second equation there was 1 mole, so that's 4 moles altogether produced from 1 mole of methane.

what did everyone draw for the question where it asks how you would collect nitrogen dioxide?
eskimo7
In the first equation there were 3 moles, then in the second equation there was 1 mole, so that's 4 moles altogether produced from 1 mole of methane.

what did everyone draw for the question where it asks how you would collect nitrogen dioxide?

Some sort of distillation chamber :rofl:
Dog Observing Flea
The moles of hydrogen, I'm sure thats 3?!

I got 4. Three from the first part, one from the second.

Yeah the nitrogen dioxide thing I just drew a test tube with some delivery tubes sticking out of it. (Which I assume is wrong)

How many hydrogens were in that molecule with the phenol group? I got 11.

And for the very last question, what mass you get? 0.000848 or something?

Aaand the final question I can remember, in the multiple choice the one where u had to choose a hydrogen WXYZ, what did you put? I put Z but wasn't sure.
Dog Observing Flea
It was Z

Score :biggrin:

Oh yeah for Tritium or whatever, I put because the water cycle means water evaporates after its fallen so effectively water is re-used or whatnot... guessum.

Essential amino acid - one that the body cannot make and needs to be obtained by eating certain foods.

0.512 litres for the molar volume one anyone?

(It's all coming baaaaack it's all coming back to me nowwwwww... :rolleyes: :tsr2: )
Reply 45
Ooft for the titanium one I put that although it's always decaying, it's also always being formed. (?!) And I wanted to draw a condenser type thing for the nitrogen dioxide, but really didn't have a clue what one looked like!
dreamy_girl
I got 4. Three from the first part, one from the second.

Yeah the nitrogen dioxide thing I just drew a test tube with some delivery tubes sticking out of it. (Which I assume is wrong)

How many hydrogens were in that molecule with the phenol group? I got 11.

And for the very last question, what mass you get? 0.000848 or something?

Aaand the final question I can remember, in the multiple choice the one where u had to choose a hydrogen WXYZ, what did you put? I put Z but wasn't sure.

Yes I got 11 hydrogens, I'm just not sure what Hydrogen question everyone seems to be on about, enlighten me?
Reply 47
dreamy_girl
Score :biggrin:

Oh yeah for Tritium or whatever, I put because the water cycle means water evaporates after its fallen so effectively water is re-used or whatnot... guessum.

Essential amino acid - one that the body cannot make and needs to be obtained by eating certain foods.

0.512 litres for the molar volume one anyone?

(It's all coming baaaaack it's all coming back to me nowwwwww... :rolleyes: :tsr2: )

yep 0.512 litres!
Reply 48
Dog Observing Flea
Yes I got 11 hydrogens, I'm just not sure what Hydrogen question everyone seems to be on about, enlighten me?

the one where it asks how many hydrogens were on the phenylalanine molecule.
man i still cant believe i missed out 11 marks at the end through lack of time. i think i did pretty well though throughout the paper. do u think it will majorly affect my grade? wot does everyone think.. i feel depressed :frown:
Can't say man, just hope the pass mark is relatively low, if you get around 30/40 in the first bit and 40 out of 60 in the second you can be assured an A.
fraserk22
the one where it asks how many hydrogens were on the phenylalanine molecule.
man i still cant believe i missed out 11 marks at the end through lack of time. i think i did pretty well though throughout the paper. do u think it will majorly affect my grade? wot does everyone think.. i feel depressed :frown:

Did you do much revision, my only revision was 12 years multi choice and that paid off because I had pretty much done every multi choice question that came up before, therefore paper one took me like 10 minutes (also left me 90 spare minutes :mad: )
Reply 51
did a fair amount. but id never done a past paper under timed conditions so that probs didnt help lol! wot u think the pass for an A is and wot is it usually for chemistry?
Well last year it was 78% for an A which is abit crazy, I haven't done last years Chem so I can't really say If this years' pass marks would be.
Reply 53
Dog Observing Flea
Well last year it was 78% for an A which is abit crazy, I haven't done last years Chem so I can't really say If this years' pass marks would be.

ok.. i reckon it wil probs b the same or a mark or 2 lower tthis year. just pray iv scraped enough marks together for an A. where cn u find out the cutoffs n stuff for previous years??
fraserk22
ok.. i reckon it wil probs b the same or a mark or 2 lower tthis year. just pray iv scraped enough marks together for an A. where cn u find out the cutoffs n stuff for previous years??

http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/controller?p_service=Content.show&p_applic=CCC&pContentID=14830

Go right to the bottom you should find 'Grade Boundaries' and should also be able to access previous years.
Reply 55
I studied 'til about 3.30am last night. I'll be disappointed if I don't get an A. i'm predicted an A.
My thoughts on this years' exams - Predictions

Maths - Slightly tricky, though I strangely found it simple - A
Physics - :laugh: - A
English - :argh: - Fail/C
Biology - :afraid: - B/C
Chemistry - :flutter: - A
Reply 57
Dog Observing Flea
http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/controller?p_service=Content.show&p_applic=CCC&pContentID=14830

Go right to the bottom you should find 'Grade Boundaries' and should also be able to access previous years.

thanx! n ye im predicted an A too but i cn only see myself gettin 75 - 80 percent realistically, so i might not get an A.

predicted: english C
maths A
biology A
chemistry A (or B now :frown: )
german A
I don't wanna predict. It either means dreams of medicine out the window, or tempting fate to 5 fails.

I did 2006 paper, and found todays paper easier, but most people said 2006 was easier so the A cut-off will probably be lower.
I had done most of those mulitple choice before.. they always repeat them! And it is Z for that multiple choice one, it has been in two papers before!

Latest

Trending

Trending