The Student Room Group

Are there university gyms?

Do most universities have their own gyms? And if they do, do you have to pay lots for membership or are they free? Or do you have to go to a separate gym, possibly with student discount?

I'm not sure about this so any help much appreciated :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My University has a gym, last year it was about £60 for the whole year which was a pretty good deal but this year they've renovated it so it went up to £100, which is annoying
Most universities; probably all have their own gyms

You have to pay a reduced fee
Reply 3
I've never come across a uni which doesn't have its own gym. Some are occasionally shared with community groups - my undergrad uni used to rent the main gym hall out to a local school for three hours a week.

My current uni has a range of options for students & staff. It's £4 for an individual session, £12 for 10 days unlimited use, a sliding scale of charges for 1, 2 and 3 month memberships and a £200 yearly membership.
Most universities will have their own gym as above or may be in affiliation with local gyms. But how much you can use it/ how much it costs will vary massively per uni. If a gym is important to you for when you go to uni you should really start researching into the particular universities you're interested in and their gyms/ ask current student what they think of the facilities.
Original post by Blondie987
My University has a gym, last year it was about £60 for the whole year which was a pretty good deal but this year they've renovated it so it went up to £100, which is annoying

Still very good...
Mine increased from £90 to £100 for a uni year (September to May) and i think it's very cheap given it's excellent facilities due to government grants
Reply 6
Thank you everyone! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest