The Student Room Group

Birmingham, Exeter, Loughborough, or Sheffield?

(I have posted this in another forum, but am hoping to get more Politics/International Relations based advice here. Apologies for the spam!)

Hey guys,

I've received unconditional offers (already have my A-Levels) from all of the above uni's, but am very unsure of which one to pick. I've applied to study International Relations/Politics.

I know someone at Uni of Birmingham studying IR who I visit regularly, and have visited Loughborough on an open day. Birmingham uni itself seems really sociable, and the city vibe is tempting, but from what I've heard about the course I'm not 100% sure it's for me (lots of seminars, group stuff e.t.c.) Loughborough had a really nice vibe to it, but I'm a little worried the town is kind of boring, plus it's not as internationally renowned as Birmingham.

I'm not sure I'll be able to visit Sheffield, though I do hope to visit Exeter. As such I've not formed any personal opinions on those two! As such, I'm turning the TSR for help

If you go to one of these uni's, I'd love to hear your experience, particularly if you're studying (or have studied) Politics/International Relations. My primary focus is job prospects, so which of these uni's is the best for that (particularly internationally)? What are the student unions like? The city/town? The social life?

I'd really appreciate some advice with this. Thank you!
Hey which one did u end up firming?
I'm stuck between UoB and Loughborough
Reply 2
Original post by helprequired11

I chose Birmingham in the end! I visited both, and Birmingham just had a more exciting feel to it. I was a little worried about getting bored in Loughborough, even with little things like places to go clothes shopping. Plus with Birmingham being in such a big city, it has good links. Loughborough does seem like a great uni though!
Reply 3
Loughborough 4 sure.
Original post by Dear_Rhian
I chose Birmingham in the end! I visited both, and Birmingham just had a more exciting feel to it. I was a little worried about getting bored in Loughborough, even with little things like places to go clothes shopping. Plus with Birmingham being in such a big city, it has good links. Loughborough does seem like a great uni though!

Yeah, I live in Birmingham and its a great city. I wanna move out though, but feel like UoB is a much better university overall especially for graduate prospect so I'm a little stuck haha. Good luck with exams!
Original post by helprequired11

Hey helprequired11

We understand that it's a big decision. If you have any questions that would help with your choice, I'd be happy to answer them :smile:

Teresa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending