The Student Room Group

UK Student applying to US for postgrad, help! Scholarships, College Life and tips??

So I'm in my 2nd year at Kings, Studying Mathematics and Computer Science. After I graduate I really want to apply to a masters program in America.
However, I have heard how difficult it is and blabla. So I have three questions:

Does anyone have a list of scholarships I would be eligible to apply to?

Will going to america as a masters student be the same as an undergraduate student in terms of culture and campus life, for example I feel like I missed out in the all-american college experience and so a masters program will help give me that (however I have more reasons than just that), so is this true or will being a masters student exclude me from that as I'll be older and a postgrad? :/

Top tips in preparing to apply for masters? I have a year and a half
Original post by aniq2016
So I'm in my 2nd year at Kings, Studying Mathematics and Computer Science. After I graduate I really want to apply to a masters program in America.
However, I have heard how difficult it is and blabla. So I have three questions:

Does anyone have a list of scholarships I would be eligible to apply to?

Will going to america as a masters student be the same as an undergraduate student in terms of culture and campus life, for example I feel like I missed out in the all-american college experience and so a masters program will help give me that (however I have more reasons than just that), so is this true or will being a masters student exclude me from that as I'll be older and a postgrad? :/

Top tips in preparing to apply for masters? I have a year and a half

Have you actually found a course you want to do? Standalone masters don't really exist in the US; most people who do them are registered on a PhD and receive a masters after they've completed the first stage of their doctorate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending