The Student Room Group

I'm more than just a number - Story of a french med student who failed and raised up

Bonjouuuuur tout le monde !

Here I am, the first unicorn of whole TSR ! I want to write a blog to share my experience -and to help me go through it why not- as a student who failed medicine. I noticed before that no one really knows how med studies goes on right here in France, and it is DEFINITELY different from the med system in UK.
That's why I decided to tell you how it is, the whole thing, the official things, and the secrets things, and ALL OF IT.

I can tell that was the most awful and wonderful experience of my whole life -yes both awful and wonderful- you learn a lot, and you change. You can't be the same person anymore after getting through such a thing. Well, let's start my friends !

To start this blog, you need to know all about med studies in here. My first post will be all about it :h: this part will be a bit complicated and technical, if you don't get it all at first it's okay don't worry :wink: !

Applying.
When you're at college, you can apply to 4 med schools. The special thing about France is, EVERYONE can get into a med school, whatever his grades ! Because the selection occurs during the first year, you'll understand.
So, at college I had good grades but I was not the best (this part is a really long story, I'll tell you all about it later) and decided to apply for med schools because my dream has always been to become a surgeon. When you apply, that's a computer who will decide in which school you'll go, according to your 4 choices. This is this way for equality -that's what they say..- then, each med school could be heterogenous enough.
The computer's choice is based on your mention at the baccalaureate. Here are the different mentions you can get :
- No mention : grade between 10/20 and 12/20
- Mention "assez bien" : 12-14/20
- Mention "bien" : 14-16/20
- Mention "très bien" : 16-20/20

The purpose of the computer system is to have at the end 25% of each students in each med school. Everyone is following it's okay ? Well. I was taken in my first choice, who was also the best med school of whole France (according to the concours of the 6th year, that's an other story, to be continued !) And once you're taken, the nightmare begins :h: !
I will now talk about my school, the numbers I'll give etc are according to my school *it's everywhere else kinda the same thing tho*

About the med school.
The first year is called PACES or Première Année Commune aux Études de Santé (first common year of health studies) or P1. A first year student is also called a P1, so if you hear me sometimes say something like "the other P1" I would be talking about the 1st year students.
The particular thing here is -yes, a lot of things are particular with France actually !- that we have to pass a "concours" I don't know how to translate it in english, but it means at the exam your grades have to be better than everyone else's grades, you can fail with good grades.
Also, this concours is not only for those who wanna do med studies ! It's for all the people who wanna become : doctors in medicine, dentist, pharmacist, physiotherapist, midwifery. We are 2500 students. There are 331 places in medicine, 115 places in pharma, 36 in dentistery, 30 for midwifery, 28 for physio. Yeah. 540 places, 2500 students. Let's fight.

You know about all this stuff when you apply, you just don't realize. You don't realize it's not as easy as it sounds ... Why limited places ? Because as you might already know, our Social Security system has a huge hole, and if there is too much doctors, there is too much drugs, and too much money who goes. The thing is, we are in need of doctors in France, we don't have enough ... Cherchez l'erreur ! (= search for the mistake, french expression, does it make sense in english ?)

About courses.
The year works like that. 2500 students, 9 months, 2 semesters, 2 examinations (11 different tests) and .. 540 winners.
We learn subjects by "UE -> Unité d'Enseignement" it's like a module, each module will have its own test, and each module is about a few differents subjects. For the first semester, who start around the 10th september, there are 4 UE :
- UE1 : general chemistery, organic chemistry, biochemistery
- UE2 : cell biology, reproductive biology, histology, embryology
- UE3.1 : physics, biophysics
- UE5 : anatomy
The examination takes place around the 15th december. You need to know that all theses subjects are ALL DONE in 3 months, and there are the equivalence of : 2 years in a biology course, 3 years in a physics course + all the anatomy stuff. I'm not joking or exagerating. This is TRUE. Unfortunaltely. And that's all about the first semester for now, this is not the end haha !

After the semester 1 (S1) we have the S2, with :
- UE3.2 : biophysics + physiology
- UE4 : biostatistics
- UE6 : drug's knowledge
- UE7 : psychology, law, public health and medicine history
- UECS1 : anatomy
- UECS2 + UEP : pharmaceutical science

In this semester, it's like doing one year of psychology. For the rest I don't even know ;P Well ! The S2 starts around the 5th january and ends up around the 5th may.
The first examination ends up to a rating , from 1 to 2500. This rating is not definitive tho, and the S2 is here to : help you keep your place, help you gain places in the rating. Obviously, when you're too far from the 331 , you have no chance and you retake the year. The thing is, you can only do the year twice. And if you are after the 1500th, you can't retake at all. Yeah, awful I know. I'll tell you about it later !

When you have so much to learn, you wish a day could me more than 24h (I really made that wish actually haha) , and you start having bad habits like sleeping only 6h a night (just, NEVER do it haha I can certify it's not good :lol: ) ; eating too fast (in 30min.. Don't do it as well !) and other weird stuff like that.

The worse part is the culpability you feel, you're always like "if you take a too long shower, you'll loose places at the rating" I SWEAR to you, we have thoughts like that. We definitely turn insane lol.

Now, you know all about med studies in France. Officially. That's what it is supposed to be, and it is the way it is, BUT. But med students are more than just numbers, and a lot of people can't see that.
I wanna tell you about it, about our feelings, because we are not numbers. Right now I'm trying to convince myself, but that's hard' , because whatever happens, when you put a foot inside a med school, you become a number. You fight for a rating, you live for it, you dream about it, you eat- and sometimes don't even eat- for it, you want to be a part of the 331 , you wanna be a number. You want to. That's when you become a number you did not want to be, that you realize that you were not supposed to be a number at all.
That you were not just the 529th, that you were still a human. You want to believe it, you try, but it takes time. Because it's too late, you are a number for everyone else.

Thanks for reading guys I hope you find it interesting, feel free to ask anything if I was not clear enough or something.

The next time : I will tell you about a typical med student day, how the course goes on, the houuuuurs of hard working, and I'll tell you a bit about my grades before the med school, and at the med school, and the thing about me being a genius kid (that's an interesting fact you know, because when you have been the number one your whole life, you don't even imagine that you can fail. To be continued !)

Thanks again for reading, love you all <3 !

Bonus #1 *post 46* : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3943045&page=3&x=0&y=0#post63499317

Part 2 *post 91* : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3943045&page=5

Bonus #2 *post 138* : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3943045&page=7

Part 3 *post 242* : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3943045&page=13&p=63499317#post63499317

Part 4 : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3943045&page=16&p=63666733#post63666733

Bonus #3 : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3943045&page=20&p=63727067#post63727067

Part 5 : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3943045&page=22

Part 6 : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3943045&page=24&p=64002053#post64002053

Part 7 : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3943045&page=27&p=64154835#post64154835

Part 8 : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3943045&page=30

Part 9 : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3943045&page=33&p=65041115#post65041115

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Saved for blagging when you become the highest paid doctor in the world.
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
xxxxxxx

I am super excited to read more of this!!!! Also Cherchez l'erreur = go figure in English :h: we have a colloquial expression too! I found this really interesting :h:
Original post by iEthan
I am super excited to read more of this!!!! Also Cherchez l'erreur = go figure in English :h: we have a colloquial expression too! I found this really interesting :h:

Ethan always there :h: !
Thanks for the expression ! I'll remember it ! (You became my knew dictionnary you know :lol: )

Here I am, the first unicorn of whole TSR ! I want to write a blog to share my experience -and to help me get through it why not- as a student who failed medicine. I noticed before that no one really knows how med studies goes on right here in France, and it is DEFINITELY different from the med system in UK.
That's why I decided to tell you how it is, the whole thing, the official things, and the secrets things, and ALL OF IT.

I can tell that was the most awful and wonderful experience of my whole life -yes both awful and wonderful- you learn a lot, and you change. You can't be the same person anymore after getting through such a thing. Well, let's start my friends !

To start this blog, you need to know all about med studies in here. My first post will be all about it :h: this part will be a bit complicated and technical, if you don't get it all at first it's okay don't worry :wink: !

Applying.
When you're at college, you can apply to 4 med schools. The special thing about France is, EVERYONE can go to a med school, whatever his grades ! Because the selection occurs during the first year, you'll understand.
So, at college I had good grades but I was not the best (this part is a really long story, I'll tell you all about it later) and decided to apply for med schools because my dream has always been to become a surgeon. When you apply, that's a computer who will decide in which school you'll go, according to your 4 choices. This is this way for equality -that's what they say..- then, in each med school could be heterogenous enough.
The computer's choice is based on your mention at the baccalaureate. Here are the different mentions you can get :

The purpose of the computer system is to have at the end 25% of each students in each med school. Everyone is following it's okay ? Well. I was taken in my first choice, who was also the best med school of whole France (according to the concours of the 6th year, that's an other story, to be continued !) And once you're taken, the nightmare begins :h: !
I will now talking about my school, the numbers I'll give etc are according to my school *it's everywhere else kinda the same thing tho*

About the med school.
The first year is called PACES or Première Année Commune aux Études de Santé (first common year of health studies) or P1. A first year student is also called a P1, so if you hear me sometimes say something like "the other P1" I would be talking about the 1st year students.
The particular thing here is -yes, a lot of things are particular with France actually !- that we have to pass a "concours" I don't know how to translate it in english, but it means at the exam your grades have to be better that everyone else's grades, you can fail with good grades.
Also, this concours is not only for those who wanna do med studies ! It's for whole the people who wanna become : doctors in medicine, dentist, pharmacist, physiotherapist, midwifery. We are 2500 students. There are 331 places in medicine, 115 places in pharma, 36 in dentistery, 30 for midwifery, 28 for physio. Yeah. 540 places, 2500 students. Let's fight.

You know about all this stuff when you apply, you just don't realize. You don't realize it's not as easy as it sounds ... Why limited places ? Because as you might already know, our Social Security system has a huge whole, and if there is too much doctors, there is too much drugs, and too much money who goes. The thing is, we are in need of doctors in France, we don't have enough ... Cherchez l'erreur ! (= search for the mistake, french expression, does it make sense in english ?)

About courses.
The year works like that. 2500 students, 9 months, 2 semesters, 2 examinations (11 different tests) and .. 540 winners.
We learn subjects by "UE -> Unité d'Enseignement" it's like a module, each module will have is own test, and each module is about a few differents subjects. For the first semester, who start around the 10th september, there are 4 UE :
The examination takes place around the 15th december. You need to know that all theses subjects are ALL DONE in 3 months, and there are the equivalence of : 2 years in a biology course, 3 years in a physics course + all the anatomy stuff. I'm not joking or exagerating. This is TRUE. Unfortunaltely. And that's all about the first semester for now, this is not the end haha !

- UE4 : biostatisticsUE6 : drug's knowledge

In this semester, it's like doing one year of psychology. For the rest I don't even know ;P Well ! The S2 starts around the 5th january and ends up around the 5th may.
The first examination ends up to a rating , from 1 to 2500. This rating is not definitive tho, and the S2 is here to : helps you keep your place, helps you gain places in the rating. Obviously, when you're to far from the 331 , you have no chance and you retake the year. The thing is, you can only do the year twice. And if you are after the 1500th, you can't retake at all. Yeah, awful I know. I'll tell you about it later !

When you have so much to learn, you wish a day could me more than 24h (I really made that wish actually haha) , and you start having bad habits like sleeping only 6h a night (just, NEVER do it haha I can certify it's not good :lol: ) ; eating too fast (in 30min.. Don't do it as well !) and other weird stuff like that.

The worse part is the culpability you feel, you're always like "if you take a too long shower, you'll lost places at the rating" I SWEAR to you, we have thoughts like that. We definitely turn insane lol.

Now, you know all about med studies in France. Officially. That's what it is supposed to be, and it is the way it is, BUT. But med students are more than just numbers, and a lot of people can't see that.
I wanna tell you about it, about our feelings, because we are not numbers. Right now I'm trying to convince myself, but that's hard' , because whatever happens, when you put a foot inside a med school, you become a number. You fight for a rating, you live for it, you dream about it, you eat- and sometimes don't even eat- for it, you want to be a part of the 331 , you wanna be a number. You want to. That's when you become a number you did not wanted to be, that you realize that you were not supposed to be a number at all.
That you were not just the 529th, that you were still a human. You want to believe it, you try, but it takes time. Because it's too late, you are a number for everyone else.

Thanks for reading guys I hope you find it interesting, feel free to ask anything if I was not clear enough or something.

The next time : I will tell you about a typical med student day, how the courses goes on, the houuuuurs of hard working, and I'll tell you a bit about my grades before the med school, and at the med school, and the thing about me being a genius kid (that's an interesting fact you know, because when you have been the number one your whole life, you don't even imagine that you can fail. To be continued !)

@CleverSquirrel @Amellia123 @z33 @Indieboohoo1 @Andy98 @iEthan @Blondie987 @Impressive @ByronicHero @Student403 @mkap @ForestShadow @ServantOfMorgoth @Matrix123 @homeland.lsw @TheOtherSide. @Alexion @Ethereal World @SassKing13 @RickmanAlways

Yayyyyy thanks for tagging me FU (not **** U lol!!!!)

This will be so good and I'm looking forward to finding out more- not just about the medicine stuff but your life too :biggrin:
Original post by Ethereal World
Yayyyyy thanks for tagging me FU (not **** U lol!!!!)

This will be so good and I'm looking forward to finding out more- not just about the medicine stuff but your life too :biggrin:

I'm tagging you because you're worth it ;D

You'll know a lot about my life in this blog don't worry haha :lol:
Reply 6
Woo!
Original post by Andy98
Woo!

Thanks Andy that was very constructive :lol:
Reply 8
Thanks Andy that was very constructive :lol:

You're welcome :tongue:
Also sat the French Baccalaureate with a few friends going into medicine in France, but also Econ and Engineering prépas and can confirm that the French "concours" system is just so... outdated :colonhash: - it works fine for the absolute geniuses, but I am sure we are missing out on a lot of talent that way. The English University system is just so much better, where even if the grades are sometimes curved you are not literally competing against everyone else as directly
Original post by Metrododo
Also sat the French Baccalaureate with a few friends going into medicine in France, but also Econ and Engineering prépas and can confirm that the French "concours" system is just so... outdated :colonhash: - it works fine for the absolute geniuses, but I am sure we are missing out on a lot of talent that way. The English University system is just so much better, where even if the grades are sometimes curved you are not literally competing against everyone else as directly

I ABSOLUTELY agree ! This concours is just here to make a selection, but that is unfair because :
1) we need MORE doctors !
2) the doctors who are called to help came from abroad, and who are they ? Students who failed before in France and went abroad to study. True story, it happens all the time !
3) if only we could make a "right" concours with some med subjects, no we have to do all these things like physics and stuff. Honestly I learned a lot, but even if I were one of the 331 who could continue, I would never have to use physics in my whole life !
4) it's not even about geniuses, there was this 16 year old girl at my school, she "jumped 3 classes" (I'm sorry Idk how to translate this .. Do you understand ?) Well, and she dropped out in 2 weeks because she said she could not handle it, she never had to "work" during her whole life

And yeah the UK education system is so damn better ! The concours does not make only good doctors, for a proof, I once went to a doctor for a stomach ache, he gave me antidepressants pills, and we found out after that I had a huge ovarian kystis, and I almost turned sterile ! (Thanks god I had my surgery just in time)

Here I am, the first unicorn of whole TSR ! I want to write a blog to share my experience -and to help me get through it why not- as a student who failed medicine. I noticed before that no one really knows how med studies goes on right here in France, and it is DEFINITELY different from the med system in UK.

Applying.
When you're at college, you can apply to 4 med schools. The special thing about France is, EVERYONE can go to a med school, whatever his grades ! Because the selection occurs during the first year, you'll understand.
So, at college I had good grades but I was not the best (this part is a really long story, I'll tell you all about it later) and decided to apply for med schools because my dream has always been to become a surgeon. When you apply, that's a computer who will decide in which school you'll go, according to your 4 choices. This is this way for equality -that's what they say..- then, in each med school could be heterogenous enough.

I will now talking about my school, the numbers I'll give etc are according to my school *it's everywhere else kinda the same thing tho*

About the med school.
The particular thing here is -yes, a lot of things are particular with France actually !- that we have to pass a "concours" I don't know how to translate it in english, but it means at the exam your grades have to be better that everyone else's grades, you can fail with good grades.
Also, this concours is not only for those who wanna do med studies ! It's for whole the people who wanna become : doctors in medicine, dentist, pharmacist, physiotherapist, midwifery. We are 2500 students. There are 331 places in medicine, 115 places in pharma, 36 in dentistery, 30 for midwifery, 28 for physio. Yeah. 540 places, 2500 students. Let's fight.

You know about all this stuff when you apply, you just don't realize. You don't realize it's not as easy as it sounds ... Why limited places ? Because as you might already know, our Social Security system has a huge whole, and if there is too much doctors, there is too much drugs, and too much money who goes. The thing is, we are in need of doctors in France, we don't have enough ... Cherchez l'erreur ! (= search for the mistake, french expression, does it make sense in english ?)

About courses.
We learn subjects by "UE -> Unité d'Enseignement" it's like a module, each module will have is own test, and each module is about a few differents subjects. For the first semester, who start around the 10th september, there are 4 UE :

- UE4 : biostatistics
- UE6 : drug's knowledge

The first examination ends up to a rating , from 1 to 2500. This rating is not definitive tho, and the S2 is here to : helps you keep your place, helps you gain places in the rating. Obviously, when you're to far from the 331 , you have no chance and you retake the year. The thing is, you can only do the year twice. And if you are after the 1500th, you can't retake at all. Yeah, awful I know. I'll tell you about it later !

The worse part is the culpability you feel, you're always like "if you take a too long shower, you'll lost places at the rating" I SWEAR to you, we have thoughts like that. We definitely turn insane lol.

I wanna tell you about it, about our feelings, because we are not numbers. Right now I'm trying to convince myself, but that's hard' , because whatever happens, when you put a foot inside a med school, you become a number. You fight for a rating, you live for it, you dream about it, you eat- and sometimes don't even eat- for it, you want to be a part of the 331 , you wanna be a number. You want to. That's when you become a number you did not wanted to be, that you realize that you were not supposed to be a number at all.

The next time : I will tell you about a typical med student day, how the courses goes on, the houuuuurs of hard working, and I'll tell you a bit about my grades before the med school, and at the med school, and the thing about me being a genius kid (that's an interesting fact you know, because when you have been the number one your whole life, you don't even imagine that you can fail. To be continued !)

@CleverSquirrel @Amellia123 @z33 @Indieboohoo1 @Andy98 @iEthan @Blondie987 @Impressive @ByronicHero @Student403 @mkap @ForestShadow @ServantOfMorgoth @Matrix123 @homeland.lsw @TheOtherSide. @Alexion @Ethereal World @SassKing13 @RickmanAlways

You're an excellent writer!!!! It had me engaged in it, the whole time, exciting! It felt like we came into your world of French Med school. Can't wait for the next installment!
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
You're an excellent writer!!!! It had me engaged in it, the whole time, exciting! It felt like we came into your world of French Med school. Can't wait for the next installment!

Thaaaank youuuuuu <3 I'm glad you like it :hugs:
I ABSOLUTELY agree ! This concours is just here to make a selection, but that is unfair because :
2) the doctors who are called to help came from abroad, and who are they ? Students who failed before in France and went abroad to study. True story, it happens all the time !
3) if only we could make a "right" concours with some med subjects, no we have to do all these things like physics and stuff. Honestly I learned a lot, but even if I were one of the 331 who could continue, I would never have to use physics in my whole life !
4) it's not even about geniuses, there was this 16 year old girl at my school, she "jumped 3 classes" (I'm sorry Idk how to translate this .. Do you understand ?) Well, and she dropped out in 2 weeks because she said she could not handle it, she never had to "work" during her whole life

And yeah the UK education system is so damn better ! The concours does not make only good doctors, for a proof, I once went to a doctor for a stomach ache, he gave me antidepressants pills, and we found out after that I had a huge ovarian kystis, and I almost turned sterile ! (Thanks god I had my surgery just in time)

Unfortunately is it's very hard/nearly impossible to study medicine at a good English Uni with the French Baccalaureate due to there not being enough biology or chemistry - I have a friend who got into Imperial but it's pretty much a one-off.

Oui je comprends pour "jump 3 classes", je suis entièrement bilingue tqt :smile: Quand je dis "génie" grossièrement, je veux dire des très doués ET just des bêtes à concours qui sont prêts à bosser toute la journée tous les jours.

And yeah the "numerus clausus" in france is also too low, especially if we're willing to take in extra doctors elsewhere.

I'm personally on a gap year going to an English Uni in September, having started a french economics prépa and, even though I was aware of what I was getting into, just knew that it wasn't for me and that an English Uni is so much better in terms of career prospects and atmosphere :yep:
Original post by Metrododo
Unfortunately is it's very hard/nearly impossible to study medicine at a good English Uni with the French Baccalaureate due to there not being enough biology or chemistry - I have a friend who got into Imperial but it's pretty much a one-off.

Oui je comprends pour "jump 3 classes", je suis entièrement bilingue tqt :smile: Quand je dis "génie" grossièrement, je veux dire des très doués ET just des bêtes à concours qui sont prêts à bosser toute la journée tous les jours.

And yeah the "numerus clausus" in france is also too low, especially if we're willing to take in extra doctors elsewhere.

I'm personally on a gap year going to an English Uni in September, having started a french economics prépa and, even though I was aware of what I was getting into, just knew that it wasn't for me and that an English Uni is so much better in terms of career prospects and atmosphere :yep:

Yes I know, especially when you failed before, I applied to King's College and they told me I had a good profile but since I already failed they could not take me (I applied because a friend of mine who failed like me applied before and it was successful, but he has 26 and applied when he was 20, guess they don't take people like us anymore)

Entièrement bilingue ? Mais c'est génial ça :3 comment ça se fait ? :biggrin:
Ah les bêtes à concours ! Oui je comprends mieux comme ça haha, bah ouais malheureusment c'est ça :/ j'ai essayé haha mais j ai pas pu, mon maximum a été 15h par jour et ça a été une grosse erreur d'avoir un rythme pareil (j'étais trop fatiguée le jour du concours, c'est une longue histoire que je raconterais aussi un de ces jours :P )

I get back in english for the poor people who are reading us lol ! I have no experience in terms of english uni but some of my friends have, and it sounds SO MUCH BETTER than here. Even the A-level system is better ! Honestly our baccalaureate is stupid lol !
Thaaaank youuuuuu <3 I'm glad you like it :hugs:

:jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bonjour mademoiselle :smile:

Puis-je demander comment les Algériens sont traités en médecine française ?

Le organisation de l'armée secrète-ils encore survivre ?

Merci beaucoup
Original post by apronedsamurai
Bonjour mademoiselle :smile:

Puis-je demander comment les Algériens sont traités en médecine française ?

Le organisation de l'armée secrète-ils encore survivre ?

Merci beaucoup

Bonjour !
Pourquoi les algériens seraient traités différemment des autres au juste :P ? J'ai moi même du sang algérien et tout va bien pour ma santé :lol:

Je comprends pas la 2e question désolée.. Si l'armée secrète est encore vivante c'est ça ? Mais de quoi tu parles :lol: ?

Edit : translation !

Hello ! Why would be algerian be treated differently from the other ? I have algerian blood and everything's okay with my health

I don't understand the other question sorry.. If the secret army is still alive right ? But what are you talking about ?
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes I know, especially when you failed before, I applied to King's College and they told me I had a good profile but since I already failed they could not take me (I applied because a friend of mine who failed like me applied before and it was successful, but he has 26 and applied when he was 20, guess they don't take people like us anymore)

Entièrement bilingue ? Mais c'est génial ça :3 comment ça se fait ? :biggrin:
Ah les bêtes à concours ! Oui je comprends mieux comme ça haha, bah ouais malheureusment c'est ça :/ j'ai essayé haha mais j ai pas pu, mon maximum a été 15h par jour et ça a été une grosse erreur d'avoir un rythme pareil (j'étais trop fatiguée le jour du concours, c'est une longue histoire que je raconterais aussi un de ces jours :P )

I get back in english for the poor people who are reading us lol ! I have no experience in terms of english uni but some of my friends have, and it sounds SO MUCH BETTER than here. Even the A-level system is better ! Honestly our baccalaureate is stupid lol !

Yeah my friend applied during Terminale (final year in french system for those interested) and originally got turned down specifically because of the french Bac, but they called him back around May!

I'm fully french but lived in London for all my life (mixture of English schools and French lycée - maybe I should make a blog about it too... :colone: ). Having done GCSES and sort of prepared A-levels plus the Baccalauréate - I definitely think the A level system is better or maybe the IB as a good compromise. The French Bac tries to be "well rounded" but it fails again by leaving out and discouraging those are just not that good in certain subjects, whilst also not being able to specialise nearly as much as, say, the sciences or maths.
(edited 8 years ago)
Bonjour !
Pourquoi les algériens seraient traités différemment des autres au juste :P ? J'ai moi même du sang algérien et tout va bien pour ma santé :lol:

Je comprends pas la 2e question désolée.. Si l'armée secrète est encore vivante c'est ça ? Mais de quoi tu parles :lol: ?

Les terroristes qui ont tenté de tuer De Gaulle , les militaires qui l'ont trahi , sont-ils toujours en vigueur ?

J'ai un ami algérien , il dit qu'il souffre beaucoup de racisme

Désolé pour mon mauvais français :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest