The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

US student w/ conditional offer in chemistry

Hi everyone,

I'm a high school senior in the US and I just got a conditional offer from Imperial College for chemistry (BS). I'm in the IB program, but I also take AP Chemistry. Although I was only predicted for a 6 (my school hardly ever gives out predicated grades- most students don't care because the Ivy's don't care) my conditional offer says I have to get a 7!! I really really don't think I will, and was just wondering if anyone know if conditional offers could be negotiated in any way.

Thanks!
Original post by maddy3695
Hi everyone,

I'm a high school senior in the US and I just got a conditional offer from Imperial College for chemistry (BS). I'm in the IB program, but I also take AP Chemistry. Although I was only predicted for a 6 (my school hardly ever gives out predicated grades- most students don't care because the Ivy's don't care) my conditional offer says I have to get a 7!! I really really don't think I will, and was just wondering if anyone know if conditional offers could be negotiated in any way.

Thanks!

Hi there! You will be happy to know that students are often allowed places despite now meeting their offers.
However I'm not 100% sure that this is the same for international students.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by KyleH123
Hi there! You will be happy to know that students are often allowed places despite now meeting their offers.

That's interesting... do you know where I could find more information on that? Really, I'm debating whether or not I should contact the admissions office or maybe a school contact, and see if I can get a handle on this now before all my US schools come out over the next two weeks.
Original post by maddy3695
That's interesting... do you know where I could find more information on that? Really, I'm debating whether or not I should contact the admissions office or maybe a school contact, and see if I can get a handle on this now before all my US schools come out over the next two weeks.

With any luck, the brain boxes of thestudentroom will reply, just give it a little bit of time! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by KyleH123

In my year, half the people had A*A*A offers and half had A*AA offers. The ones who missed their A*A*A offer by one A* didn't get in. I know from talking to people that there was quite a lot of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply