The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I found unit 2 paper easier than unit 1 exam paper. What did u guys put in the video-conferencing question in unit 1.
Reply 2
What are the raw mark grade boundaries on this test? I feel I got around 35-40 out of the 60 available.

Unit 2 btw.
Reply 3
well the grade boundaries pretty much stay the same... For unit 2 you need

42 - A
38 - B
34 - C

Unit 1....

40 - A
35 - B
30 - C
Reply 4
do you need to put SMith & Co. address in the last question in unit 2 paper? or do you create a reports such as a database 1?
Reply 5
video conferencing Q...for benefits i had something like...they dont have to be at the same location....+....cant rememebr the other one..limitations ermm..requires expertise to set up/expensive/time consuming...
Simplest Exam Ever,

Here are some answers to questions:

2 Formats the encoded image may take : Any 2 from BMP GIF JPEG Vector?

Ways Data is input : Multiple choice q's = OMR
Cheques = MICR
Library = Barcode Scanner

Verification : Process of checking by comparison that no data is altered when input e.g keying in data twice.
Validation : Process of checking that data is sensibe and rejecting data that is unreasonable e.g format check and presence check

Factors the ict manager needed to consider when making a backup procedure:
Time, Frequency, Medium and Responsibility of backup

Recovery procedure: Availability of software and hardware

Any other answers you need or want please ask.
Maestor
do you need to put SMith & Co. address in the last question in unit 2 paper? or do you create a reports such as a database 1?

you just had to make a report with all the information of smith & co on the report.

I.e purchases, date, total balance, amount of item address, account number etc.
Reply 8
ohhh and why would you verify the surname field?
i wrote that if the data clerk accidently entered the surname wrong, the system would think they r two different people and would send mail orders to were as fact its onli one person........lol hope i make sense.
Maestor
ohhh and why would you verify the surname field?
i wrote that if the data clerk accidently entered the surname wrong, the system would think they r two different people and would send mail orders to were as fact its onli one person........lol hope i make sense.

Yep no transcryption errors with the example you've given would be fine aswell as Less chance of duplicated records if verified by keying in data twice to see if the two entrants match.
Reply 10
i didn't do ICT 2, but you could use the term GIGO maybe? :p:
Reply 11
What did u guys put for the last question in unit 1? The one involving searching and retrieving data. something like that.
Reply 12
What did u guys put for the last question in unit 1? The one involving searching and retrieving data. something like that.
Reply 13
i got stuck on that question myself..lol..i said somting like they first need to buy a domain name and then design their website on software like dreamweaver or somting..and then they can publish it..hmm...
Reply 14
:s-smilie: im scared about that answer now seeing though you put would you did for the last question on ICT1! erm.. from what i can remember, i put.... they could have a website which has a bulletinboard? and erm, the could have uploaded the file to a file host so that customers/employees can access the publication e.t.c (whatever was published) and i think by e-mail was my last point?
Reply 15
Be warned AQA ICT seems like the exams go so easy but most of the time they dont. The thing is you needa wrtie shed loads to get the marks. Because in the 2/3 marks questions there are normally looking for exact words of phrases. Fair enought the 1marks questions you either no or you don't but when you need to expand, expand as much as possible else you just won't get the mark.
Stux
Reply 16
Isn't expanding always the key at AS though? I found myself writing about 6 pages for both exams because I went off into too much detail, especially on things like the "Internet Shopping" question, and "GUI's".

But anyway, I did think these exams this year were particularly easy. I finished and checked them in about 55 minutes and then just sat there waiting for the exam to end...*sigh*

Latest

Trending

Trending