The Student Room Group
Is this talking about A Level? I did WJEC History at GCSE and i found it really easy and intresting! But it might be a whole different ball game for A Level. Im doin AQA History AS at the mo.
Reply 2
sorry it's for AS level.

it's weird how easy gcse's seen now compared these exams
i no they seem stupidly easy....weird
Reply 4
England and Wales?

For mine we did Nazi Germany, South Africa and America.

EDIT: Oh, you mean AS. I'm doing the same! My paper's the 6th June..is yours?

And I agree; it's hard to integrate all the attribution as well as quotes AND counter-arguments etc. And yeah, it could be just on The Acts Of Union, or the whole period..or just law and order. Argh! Lol.
Reply 5
yeah it's crazy. ah well. i'll probably get a C or something, which is sooo dissapointing cos i got an A* at gcse.

my teacher is terrible and was trying to convince us that Churchill was Labour. fool.
Our Teachers are amazing!

For The British side they did us a booklet explaining what all the parties did, all the events, riots etc

for the European side they have done the same. All types of conflicts, reconciliations etc.

I find them much easyer to look at.

i used them for my exams in January and i got 2 B and i got a A in my Coursework! my teachers r life savers :P

i wud suggest just simplifying everything. Like..

Partys:

Whigs - did/wanted so and so - leaders =
Torys - did/wanted so and so - leaders =

Groups:

Rebecca rioters - What they wanted, what they did

if you do that, it makes it so much easyer to revise.

good luck in ur exam on wednesday... cos im resiting hi3 again. bloody chartists and co :P
I'm doing WJEC history but my school wants to be different... so we do English Civil Wars (very boring) and sixteenth century European (not so boring) I think I will do ok but I'm being made to resit a module I got a B in!! I hate my teacher for that
I did Hi1 in Jan and got an A 78/90 and am doing Hi2 and Hi3 on 6th June (D.Day landings by the way, the History examiners have a weird sense of humour). Hi2 we're doing Disraeli/Gladstone but the question style is so bizarre, feels so unnatural! Im doing Nazi Germany for Hi3, fingers crossed!
my school did nazi germany for gcse. the decided not to bore us and let us pass easliy by doing it all again and chose Causes of WWI, russian revolution, Protest in britain in 1800, Synopic of wwi - cold war and more about polital protest groups in the uk =/
Reply 10
our school seems to be doing a different paper to all you guys
we're doing the tudors and the german reformation
(both surprisingly boring)
For my hi1 i got 90/90 A, but i'm finding the work on the puritans and catholics really difficult, is that just me?

Or is anyone else doing this paper and finding it difficult?

I'm also really reeaaally dreading the single source German Reformation work :frown:
The WJEC modules are awfully designed. But then my opinion is wholly compromised because I've underperformed quite badly so far.

They also don't know how to mark their own papers.
Charlotte_Heart_NYC
Hi2 we're doing Disraeli/Gladstone but the question style is so bizarre, feels so unnatural
indeed it is. i still don't understand the thinking behind the style of question. if you read the examiner's report, they express concern at how so many students, including some very able candidates, do not answer it in the way the expect. well, can't say that's a surprise. though my raw mark was scaled up ridiculously, so it has its compensations. the plus point is that if you produce exactly what they want you should rack up a very high mark.
Reply 12
Im doing different again, for HI2 were doing only Disraeli, and Nazi Germany for HI3, both of them snores.

i still don't understand the thinking behind the style of question.

I know their so confusing, and you have to answer them in the exact way they want, especially in HI2, where its basically the same for every question they will ask, what and how you say, but adapted to the question. Its really a bit stupid I think.

Latest