The Student Room Group

Applying to US universities

Im in my last year of A-Levels, currently revising for my exams. I haven't applied to university yet as I'm taking a gap year. I'm interested in applying to US universities as well as UK. Does anyone have any experience with applying to US uni's?
I have looked online but to be honest I just don't know where to start as the whole process looks very confusing.
Hope someone can help me out, thank you in advance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Izxxx
Im in my last year of A-Levels, currently revising for my exams. I haven't applied to university yet as I'm taking a gap year. I'm interested in applying to US universities as well as UK. Does anyone have any experience with applying to US uni's?
I have looked online but to be honest I just don't know where to start as the whole process looks very confusing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Firstly, are you aware how much it would cost you to go to university in the US? If you've looked into this, and are able to pay, that's great, but if not, then looking at the costs (plus the cost of living) needs to be the first thing you do.

There are agencies which help UK students with US college applications- if you don't know where to start, it may be worth paying for one of these to help you.
Original post by Izxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied to US universities, but be sure to take the advice above into consideration first :smile: The costs of an international student studying in America are quite different from what you'd pay as a domestic student studying in the UK.

Most American universities require you to apply using Common App, which is a fairly straightforward process. It's similar to UCAS, because it's one platform that you can use to send applications to multiple universities, except that it doesn't have a limit. You can send as many applications as you want, so long as you can pay for them. There are other universities that have their own application process, so it's important to check their website to see how you can apply. If you have any other questions, do let me know! ^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending