The Student Room Group

Biology AQA New spec AS-level specimen paper 7401/1

So I have just done the specimen papers for the new AQA biology AS-level , and I just wanted to ask if anyone else has done it ? How did you find it ? What do you think the grade boundaries should be for both papers, and overall ?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

bump.
Reply 2
Original post by nihil_nimis
bump.

53 - A
45 - B
38 - C
30 - D
23 - E

(approx)
Original post by jamestg
53 - A
45 - B
38 - C
30 - D
23 - E

(approx)

Thanks, is this for paper 1 or 2 ? What do you think overall ? And how did you find the papers ?
Reply 4
Original post by nihil_nimis
Thanks, is this for paper 1 or 2 ? What do you think overall ? And how did you find the papers ?

Both. I don't know what the exact grade boundaries will be. However, in recent years biology is quite low and this new spec can make things more difficult.

So it's a safe bet to say 70% raw marks is an A.

Paper one is easy-ish. Haven't done paper two.
Original post by jamestg
Both. I don't know what the exact grade boundaries will be. However, in recent years biology is quite low and this new spec can make things more difficult.

So it's a safe bet to say 70% raw marks is an A.

Paper one is easy-ish. Haven't done paper two.

yeah I agree, I did a lot better in paper 1, paper 2 is really difficult because there is so much application and data analysis questions
Reply 6
hi where did you get the specimen paper for new AQA Biology a level exam
Original post by thomachan
hi where did you get the specimen paper for new AQA Biology a level exam

AQA website
Reply 8
i can find the link could you post it if u don't mind
HELLO people, good luck for revision and for the exams, i am really bad at answering the application and analysis questions they are so difficult and hard to explain to get the full marks, can someone please help me or give me some tips on what to do , would really appreciate some help. also i hv the set 2 papers for the specimen which is not available to the public, so whoever wants it holler, safe out.
Original post by OneandOnly123
HELLO people, good luck for revision and for the exams, i am really bad at answering the application and analysis questions they are so difficult and hard to explain to get the full marks, can someone please help me or give me some tips on what to do , would really appreciate some help. also i hv the set 2 papers for the specimen which is not available to the public, so whoever wants it holler, safe out.

Hiya, just tried the specimen papers- found them hard- just little nitty gritty bits... grade boundaries will hopefully be low as first year... has to be our year where it all changes lol!
I too find the application and data analysis section hard.... Would you mind sending me the papers please?!!
Original post by Lola1244
Hiya, just tried the specimen papers- found them hard- just little nitty gritty bits... grade boundaries will hopefully be low as first year... has to be our year where it all changes lol!
I too find the application and data analysis section hard.... Would you mind sending me the papers please?!!

send me an inbox
Has anyone got copies of the new specimen papers released?

Could I have the specimen papers please?
Reply 15
good luck to you too! is it okay if i can have the papers please?
made a thread for the specimen set 2 paper check it out.
made a thread for the specimen set 2 paper check it out.

Hello, could you inbox me the set 2 papers? cant find the thread unfortunately
Reply 18
Original post by sdd_98
good luck to you too! is it okay if i can have the papers please?

Hey my teacher told me to circle key words in question and try and extend concepts from it from what you have learnt. I have done this and it has helped.

Does anybody have the two new 2015 specimen papers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending