The Student Room Group

Biology AQA New spec AS-level specimen paper 7401/1

Scroll to see replies

Got 85% on the second one and 72% on the first one lol so I guess I find paper 2 easier
Reply 81
Original post by rosemondtan
Got 85% on the second one and 72% on the first one lol so I guess I find paper 2 easier

How do you score so highly?! I scrape 50%
Reply 82
Original post by rayofsunshine98
Me too! I'm on course to fail chem though so I've pretty much written it off... Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm good at Chem but haven't touched it... So could go either way. Thank youuu!
Reply 83
Original post by emilysmith268
Not aware of any practice exam questions for the new spec, so I'd recommend just doing the past papers for the old spec

Do you have the mark schemes for both sets of the specimen papers?
What did people get in the papers, I got U in both papers, it was so hard and I'm scared for the real one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Original post by Samihauddin
What did people get in the papers, I got U in both papers, it was so hard and I'm scared for the real one

Posted from TSR Mobile

we weren't even told any grade boundaries, what were they?
Reply 86
For AQA As level, can we bullet point answers? Do we lose marks? I find i waffle too much when i do normal writing for a four/five mark question.
Reply 87
Original post by boinz
For AQA As level, can we bullet point answers? Do we lose marks? I find i waffle too much when i do normal writing for a four/five mark question.

You can bullet point them, more efficient and easier to find point per mark
[QUOTE="sgill23;65077759"]
Original post by chemo1234
I'm also really stuck on that did u manage to figure it out. My teacher couldn't even do it that's how bad they are.[/QUOT

put your pencil on the graph at 5 mins, draw a diagonal line using a ruler. Then by doing this you can create a triangle finding the gradient. so change in y/change in x. Also the gradient will be negative because the graph is sloping down

thanks but i still dont understand. i drew my tangent line but i dont know how the answer is -.034. i keep doing 4.6/5 which is clearly wrong. im really bad at maths could u please explain it a bit more clearly sorry:smile:
This PowerPoint is amazing it goes through all the 6 required practicals, the calculations and exam questions for each one. it also goes through error calculations etc
Thought id share it with you all
I'm not sure if they were the actual grade boundaries or whether the school made them up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chemo1234
This PowerPoint is amazing it goes through all the 6 required practicals, the calculations and exam questions for each one. it also goes through error calculations etc
Thought id share it with you all

Omg that's really helpful thank you!
Sorry to be a nuisance, but any chance you have a biology version?
Reply 92
Are we supposed to know which topics will be in which papers? i have no idea what topics will be in paper 1 and paper 2 it just seems random...
Reply 93
Original post by puPper
Are we supposed to know which topics will be in which papers? i have no idea what topics will be in paper 1 and paper 2 it just seems random...

we basically learn everything for both papers, sucks
don't suppose anyone has the 2nd set of specimen papers that they're able to email to me?
Reply 95
Could anyone email me the new set of biology specimen papers?

Thanks 🙃
Are we meant to know about the nodes and electrical impulses in the heart?
Original post by eleanor99
Are we meant to know about the nodes and electrical impulses in the heart?

Yes we are
Original post by _naomi0511
Yes we are

Whatttt??!! Ive never been taught about nodes or electrical impluses of the heart..is it on the specification?? :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
No we're not.. It's not in the specification of AQA AS Biology.

Quick Reply

Latest