The Student Room Group

HELP: I keep changing my mind about what A Levels to take next year :(

So at the moment, I've chosen to take Chemistry, English Literature and Law as I want to study Law at uni. But I'm not happy with these options, or any other combination of subjects I've chosen... I've got the grades to do any subject, but I know I definitely don't want to take maths. Please help me choose, or suggest some ideas! I don't even know if the subjects I've picked are a good combination. Also, should I take a fourth subject? My school don't mind whether you take three or four. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP
inb4 you shouldn't do Law if you want to do it at uni.

And it's kinda true, you know.

I also want to do Law at uni. I'm currently doing History, Government & Politics, English Lit, and BTEC Law. I'd say don't take A-Level Law. I just take it for BTEC because it's interesting and it's an easy UCAS booster, but I intend to drop it next year if I can't carry on with all four.

You'd do well to take some essay-based subjects. History, English Lit, Politics, all good for that kinda stuff.
Reply 2
I'd do History over English Lit - a lot more valuable. Politics may be a good choice also.

Maths wouldn't be a bad choice even if you don't feel like you do well in it. There is some Maths in Chemistry, and if you change your mind on your degree Maths may enable you to do so! If you're sure not to do Maths then I'd swap out Lit with History or add Politics into the mix.

...Maths is awesome though.

Quick Reply

Latest