The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

I got my email today and I'm officially in Lincoln halls! So excited just hoping I get in now
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by hamamamamama
hey are u guys choosing self catered or catered halls? i chose catered, thought it would be easier, help me eat actual meals and not junk food etc. however my sister said that was a mistake and self catered is better as 5.70 a day isnt much and also limited in terms of choice? what do u guys think?:smile:

The 5.70 per day is just your allowance to purchase lunch at many locations on campus eg Chinese, baguette bar, Starbucks, chicken, pizza etc. Breakfast and evening meal are provided in your hall in addition to this. Don't forget you'll probably spend your second and third year catering for yourself, so it's nice to enjoy your first year without having to worry about shopping and cooking.
Anyone else having problems applying for their Accomodation? When I have chosen my preferences the continue button just doesn't seem to work and let me go on to the next phase
Reply 23
Original post by Crozzer24
Anyone else having problems applying for their Accomodation? When I have chosen my preferences the continue button just doesn't seem to work and let me go on to the next phase

What kind of device are you using? I had this issue when I tried to book the accommodation on my phone, the only way I could get it to work was by booking it on a laptop instead
They had loads of trouble with the website on the day it opened, they may still be having problems because so many people are trying to apply! I would give it a little while and try again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer for an En-Suite plus in Ancaster hall, anyone else?
When are the terms where you have to move you stuff out ? as i believe that catered students have a 31 week contract for accomidation
Original post by fei345
When are the terms where you have to move you stuff out ? as i believe that catered students have a 31 week contract for accomidation

Christmas, Easter and then Summer 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Has anyone accepted their accommodation offer at Ancaster yet?
ahh cool, save quite a bit of money money out as well! its alright for me cause i am a minimalist
Reply 30
Did you all get your first choices? Not sure how it works, what do you have to choose from in the application form?
Just accepted my offer for Rutland halls :smile:
Got an offer for En-suite in Lenton and Wortley:smile:
So, I haven't firmed Nottingham yet as I have still yet to hear back from one of my uni's but could someone tell me how you would go about choosing accommodation and how the process works?
Just got my offer for an ensuite at Newark!!
Anybody received an offer for Florence boot hall?
Original post by DubaiStudent
Just got my offer for an ensuite at Newark!!

Ah I just got Southwell so will be nearby! What are you studying?
Reply 37
I've firmed geography and business, anyone else?
Also, I've got an offer from broadgate park that expires in a few days, hesitant whether to accept it because I don't think I'm going to get any help off student finance because I've been living in Australia for 3+ years and can't afford to pay on my own, thinking of staying in Birmingham with my family and travelling to uni as I don't mind travel, anyone think it's a bad idea?😬
Original post by studentt1
Ah I just got Southwell so will be nearby! What are you studying?

I'll be studying medicine. What about you?
Do you guys think it would be a good idea to go for Raleigh Park if my main campus is University Park?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending