The Student Room Group
Reply 1
lol, nop!! not even fully done task 1! you know task one... how many sitcoms do you think you should talk about for each decade??
Nope! I'm doing it tonight and all day tomorrow. My exam is split into two, one on Thursday and one on Friday- eek!
I haven't got a clue about media studies... I just talk complete rubbish with techincal language hoping it will get me a good grade so I'm not very optimistic! :frown:
I havent even started preparing yet! How about we all do a question each then swap? :P Seriously though, I'm really worried, haven't a clue what to write and just can't find the motivation to start preparing my answers :frown: My exam is Thurs and Fri
Reply 4
my exams tomorrow!! need help man. i can't seem to find a basic structure or anything on what to write for the 1st 2 tasks?!
I have no idea how to write the first two tasks either! I'm really really worried! My coursework's an A and I'd really like to keep it. :frown:
good luck sdiana91 for tomorrow!
diamonddust
I have no idea how to write the first two tasks either! I'm really really worried! My coursework's an A and I'd really like to keep it. :frown:

1. The first one (assuming your AQA) is just saying what you've learnt about sitcoms. So do some research and memorise it. Things to research include;

Typical Episode and series length and whether it's changed since Sitcoms became popular.
Comedy techniques ie Rude jokes, one liners, funny situations.
Whether each character features in every episode, (include the term guest stars)
What types of situations generally feature in each episode.

These are just starting points, you can actually write more.

2. This one should be easy, you are effectively just talking about your opinions of sitcoms and where you think they are going in the future, such as whether you think they'll get even more popular or go down the drain. I found it helpful to compare UK and US sitcoms and talk about UK sitcoms which have either been remade abroad or exported to the USA.

Hope I helped, just got to learn all my notes, then figure out what exactly is going on my storyboard.

My whole exam is 3 hrs long, hopefully they will break for lunch.
Reply 8
just did half of my exam today... went alright, wrote soooo much, but i'm not sure if that's what i'm supposed to even wrote about! Got an A in my coursework, so really don't want to go any lower!
How much do you actually have to write?
Reply 10
Reply 11
Nyghtshade
Hmm, just wondering, but when did you guys get your papers? Because we did our's around 2 weeks ago... :confused:

Just wondering how long a prep period everyone had. :]

I got mine on like the 28th of April, which is supposed to be the release date for all media. Should get about 3 weeks prep.
Yeah I got mine on that day too
Reply 13
Got my exam tomorrow and Friday too! I've prepared so much for part one, a bit for part two and have a faint idea of what to do for part 3 & 4.

I love sitcoms so can give lots of examples, I hope the examiner likes the same sitcoms as me, otherwise it may be unfair biased if they don't like the classics/newer stuff etc.. :smile:

Good luck all still to take!

Latest