The Student Room Group

Note taking in uni lectures using ipad air?

Hi, I have an ipad air and am hoping to use it for note taking for lectures- does anyone already do this? Which apps are best to use?

Also, I would ideally like to be able to write, so can anyone recommend a good stylus that is compatible with the ipad air?
Thanks
Use a pen and paper. It is a lot easier.
Original post by DiddyDec
Use a pen and paper. It is a lot easier.

easier to carry around an ipad air than loads of paper though
Original post by alkaline.
easier to carry around an ipad air than loads of paper though

A pad of paper is not difficult to carry, it is actually far easier than an ipad. If you want to make things difficult for yourself then be my guest.
Original post by DiddyDec
A pad of paper is not difficult to carry, it is actually far easier than an ipad. If you want to make things difficult for yourself then be my guest.

I'm not making anything difficult for myself since I use paper and I'm not the OP.
I'm just saying the paper adds up.
Any stylus is fine, I personally used evernote/penultimate at the time... but now, having started work and been recommended... OneNote on the ipad feels pretty strong. Not to mention it is easy to sync with your laptop/computer/phone etc...
Original post by alkaline.
I'm not making anything difficult for myself since I use paper and I'm not the OP.
I'm just saying the paper adds up.

You don't need to take all your notes to lectures.
IPAD.....PAD of paper.... See the similarity?

Paper doesn't crash of freeze, or go down due to battery.

It depends on the course that you are on but paper beats tech for most things
Initially I started with an iPad, however it's a ball ache to use it for notes as you go. You get distracted, you have to format stuff, you're worried about the battery. It'd be far easier to just use a notepad and then type the notes up later. Going over these notes helps you to learn the content. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest