The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Cavendish Halls

Hey :smile: I've been offered an en-suite in Cavendish Halls and I don't really want to ask for a reallocation but I've seen a lot of people saying that if they were to get Cavendish hall they'd change and all stuff like this, is it really that bad or are people just over-reacting and it's fine? Also, anyone else got this hall? :biggrin:
I haven't got my hall yet, but I'd say if you wanna move just go for it sooner rather than later! But I'm sure whatever hall you'll end up in you'll make loads of friends in..

When did your accomm offer come through btw?:h:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by izzy.burns
I haven't got my hall yet, but I'd say if you wanna move just go for it sooner rather than later! But I'm sure whatever hall you'll end up in you'll make loads of friends in..

When did your accomm offer come through btw?:h:

It came through today at like 1, you're probably right and I'll probably stay with it, just wanted to know other peoples opinions :smile: See you in september!
Original post by majesticfrogcity
It came through today at like 1, you're probably right and I'll probably stay with it, just wanted to know other peoples opinions :smile: See you in september!

I got my offer for cavendish halls today too!
Original post by Abbylockett_
I got my offer for cavendish halls today too!

Awesome!! Are you going to accept it? :smile:
Reply 5
Hey! I'm currently a student at Nottingham Uni! I've got a friend at Cavendish Hall and honestly, its not as bad as people think. Unless you're really unhappy with it, I'd stick with it if I were you as there's plenty of halls which are much worse than Cavendish and the last thing you'd want is to end up in one of those :3
Reply 6
Original post by Greywind
Hey! I'm currently a student at Nottingham Uni! I've got a friend at Cavendish Hall and honestly, its not as bad as people think. Unless you're really unhappy with it, I'd stick with it if I were you as there's plenty of halls which are much worse than Cavendish and the last thing you'd want is to end up in one of those :3

Why has Cavendish got such a bad reputation?
Reply 7
Original post by J2Cat
Why has Cavendish got such a bad reputation?

I have honestly no idea, I've never particularly heard anyone say anything bad about it here! The joke at uni is that you don't want to end up in Rutland Hall! And in my opinion, Cavendish is a lot nicer than Derby and Ancaster.
Original post by Greywind

Thank you, thats made me a lot calmer about going there :smile: Excited!
I got an offer for an en suite room at Cavendish too! I accepted it.

My friend put me in contact with someone she knew who stayed there, so I'll summarise what she said about it:

"Its 99% ensuite rooms and while its maybe not the prettiest hall from the outside, it has some of the biggest rooms of all the halls which is nice! Its on the West side of campus, right next door to the Humanities building and about 5-10 mins walk from the Trent building, so nice and close for seminars in Trent! It also has a cafe which is good as not all halls do - it means you don't have to leave your hall for lunch if you don't want to! It doesn't have a bar, but Willoughby hall which is 2 mins away does. Cavendish is a pretty big hall so there will be lots of people in it."

She said she was happy there so I'm feeling positive about it!

She told me to feel free to ask her more questions, so if anyone has any I can ask her and post the answer here :smile:
Original post by LucyArwenna
I got an offer for an en suite room at Cavendish too! I accepted it.

My friend put me in contact with someone she knew who stayed there, so I'll summarise what she said about it:

"Its 99% ensuite rooms and while its maybe not the prettiest hall from the outside, it has some of the biggest rooms of all the halls which is nice! Its on the West side of campus, right next door to the Humanities building and about 5-10 mins walk from the Trent building, so nice and close for seminars in Trent! It also has a cafe which is good as not all halls do - it means you don't have to leave your hall for lunch if you don't want to! It doesn't have a bar, but Willoughby hall which is 2 mins away does. Cavendish is a pretty big hall so there will be lots of people in it."

She said she was happy there so I'm feeling positive about it!

She told me to feel free to ask her more questions, so if anyone has any I can ask her and post the answer here :smile:

Thank you, I'm pretty excited now! :smile: What will you be studying?
Thank you, I'm pretty excited now! :smile: What will you be studying?

English with Creative Writing, how about you? :smile:
Original post by LucyArwenna
English with Creative Writing, how about you? :smile:

Ooh nice, I'm completely different I'm doing Geography Bsc, it's gonna be so great meeting people doing such different subjects to me, idk I find that interesting :biggrin:
Ooh nice, I'm completely different I'm doing Geography Bsc, it's gonna be so great meeting people doing such different subjects to me, idk I find that interesting :biggrin:

Yeah, it's good to be able to find people in halls as well as on your course I think :smile:
Cavendish for History - so glad, since it's right next door to the history department, and it's mostly en suite. I'd heard bad things as well, but this thread's made it not quite so bad
Original post by ElspethC
Cavendish for History - so glad, since it's right next door to the history department, and it's mostly en suite. I'd heard bad things as well, but this thread's made it not quite so bad

Cool! Yeah this has definitely reassured me, also I saw your post about the lgbt thing and i agree it's also something i've realised, some people just don't really accept bisexually as a legitimate thing it's really frustrating sometimes :/ Hopefully it will be okay!
Cool! Yeah this has definitely reassured me, also I saw your post about the lgbt thing and i agree it's also something i've realised, some people just don't really accept bisexually as a legitimate thing it's really frustrating sometimes :/ Hopefully it will be okay!

I was really worried until I started doing extra research - University Park campus is the location of BiCon, the UK's biggest bisexual meet-up! So I'm figuring it'll be definitely be ok, unless there's some dick who decides to mess everything up :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending