The Student Room Group

Bank of America Merrill Lynch- Banking Uncovered 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
Loooool, I'm nothing special dude.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get that but you have so much knowledge of the IB industry for someone of your age that it would be pretty shocking if you didn't get invited to a sixth form insight day. I swear you have a spring week lined up or something.
Wall street oasis
Merges and acquisitions
Spend a day reading thats all you need to know
Original post by Trapz99
I get that but you have so much knowledge of the IB industry for someone of your age that it would be pretty shocking if you didn't get invited to a sixth form insight day. I swear you have a spring week lined up or something.

Yeah, but I've turned it down because it was only for back office which is the only part of the bank RBS was doing SWs in. I'm not really interested in back office tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amahmoud0129
Wall street oasis
Merges and acquisitions
Spend a day reading thats all you need to know

hahaha how sad is it that 3 of 5 tabs on my laptop atm are of M+I and Canary Wharfian lol
Original post by tazza ma razza
hahaha how sad is it that 3 of 5 tabs on my laptop atm are of M+I and Canary Wharfian lol

Not sad at all bro, I remember those days. I still religiously check WSO and various financial news sites.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My brother was interviewed for M&A if your intrested to have a read gives you a good idea

http://www.mergersandinquisitions.com/dubai-investment-banking-recruiting/
My brother was interviewed for M&A if your intrested to have a read gives you a good idea

http://www.mergersandinquisitions.com/dubai-investment-banking-recruiting/

Thanks, that's pretty interesting.
Original post by Trapz99
The only reason I haven't completely lost hope is because @Princepieman hasn't got his invite yet.

I feel exactly the same haha
Original post by _Bridgewater_
I feel exactly the same haha

Yeh he knows his **** well but hes not a god haha, he got rejected from Nomura insight so wouldn't rely on that too much
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Daniel9998
Yeh he knows his **** well but hes not a god haha, he got rejected from Nomura insight so wouldn't rely on that too much

Exactly.. Although tbf, one of my mates got every single other insight program but was rejected by Nomura 3 times.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah man just gives you a taster of how competitive banking is
Original post by Princepieman
Exactly.. Although tbf, one of my mates got every single other insight program but was rejected by Nomura 3 times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh I don't really understand why Nomura is more competitive than the other insights? I would of thought that the people applying for an insight usually applies to all the banks so competition should all be fairly equal.
If i get rejected thats mean i have been rejected by Jp, Nomura , and Baml . Anyone have any idea when morgan stanley will reply?
If i get rejected thats mean i have been rejected by Jp, Nomura , and Baml . Anyone have any idea when morgan stanley will reply?

JPM haven't sent out decisions yet for the insight day, how do you know? MS and JPM will reply closer to the date of the programme (so May/June).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jpm was long time ago for me mate that was for the think ahead program i heard it was a useless program anyway , made me feel a bit better lool
Jpm was long time ago for me mate that was for the think ahead program i heard it was a useless program anyway , made me feel a bit better lool

Oh, then apply for their actual a level insight day. It's called: '2016 School Insight Day'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh damn i havent seen that . When did it open mate? i will apply now
Oh damn i havent seen that . When did it open mate? i will apply now

Ages ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was annoyed of how i signed up for Baml to notify when there programs open and they didnt notify me wtf.
Was annoyed of how i signed up for Baml to notify when there programs open and they didnt notify me wtf.

Yh happened for me with nomura last year - i normally email recruitment asking them to send me an email when applications open if they dont say on their websites when they start accepting applications.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending